I'm As Mad As Hell And I'm Not Going To Take This Anymore!

LOL @ the toolbars pic :lol:

I think I'm going to make that my desktop

Also that picture with the toolbars is some kind of FF propaganda.

If you for some reason have installed that many, a couple of mouseclicks will turn them off.
I like IE, but for some reason I'm mainly using Chrome nowadays.

Also, some research showed FF had terrible protection this year.

GizmoTheGreen said:

If you for some reason have installed that many, a couple of mouseclicks will turn them off.

Well FF does indeed suck, but IE sucks waaay more. It's the slowest browser there is basically, and also one of if not the least compatible with web standards. If Mozilla would give up their hopeless Gecko engine and just start using WebKit, and IE would die in a fire, the net would be so much more awesome

Last edited by a moderator:
zhasha said:
GizmoTheGreen said:

Well FF does indeed suck, but IE sucks waaay more. It's the slowest browser there is basically, and also one of if not the least compatible with web standards. If Mozilla would give up their hopeless Gecko engine and just start using WebKit, and IE would die in a fire, the net would be so much more awesome

I agree, the default FF installation on 64bit Karmic absolutely annihilates my computer... Chromium is smooth as butter. I just really miss the extensions...

HmUi6.jpg

Attachments

• HmUi6.jpg
    HmUi6.jpg
    503 bytes · Views: 180
zhasha said:
GizmoTheGreen said:

Gecko's not the Problem. Have you ever tried Kazehakase? Loads a hell of a lot faster than any webkit browser I've used, and it runs on the Gecko engine.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
Gecko's not the Problem. Have you ever tried Kazehakase? Loads a hell of a lot faster than any webkit browser I've used, and it runs on the Gecko engine.

No, but I have tried other frontends to Gecko, and benchmarked it on my system along with WebKit. WebKit has won hands-down. WebKit also has an advantage over FF in that Adobe is very Mac biased and Flash works way better in Safari (read: WebKit).
Think of it like this: for Firefox to run on a mobile platform, you need a different version that's specifically made for it. For WebKit to run on a mobile platform, you just compile it.

God Ginrai said:
zhasha said:
GizmoTheGreen said:

-God Ginrai

Just went on Kazehakase website, they plan to switch from gecko to GtkHTML, Dillo or w3m. Maybe they can't boost gecko anymore.
I was used to FF (switched from Netscape to FF long time ago), but when I switched from PC to Mac, I tried safari. Now it's my favourite browser.
I think the best browser is the one you like… if it's not IE :lol:

I loved this speech, but I won't launch IE!

zhasha said:
God Ginrai said:

No, but I have tried other frontends to Gecko, and benchmarked it on my system along with WebKit. WebKit has won hands-down. WebKit also has an advantage over FF in that Adobe is very Mac biased and Flash works way better in Safari (read: WebKit).
Think of it like this: for Firefox to run on a mobile platform, you need a different version that's specifically made for it. For WebKit to run on a mobile platform, you just compile it.

Funny, the mac my parents have lags on SD on youtube. I personally like most of the rendering engines, and don't see why people have to create arguments about them, whether it be about Gecko, WebKit, Presto, or KHTML.

EDIT:
KodeIn said:
God Ginrai said:
zhasha said:
GizmoTheGreen said:

-God Ginrai

Just went on Kazehakase website, they plan to switch from gecko to GtkHTML, Dillo or w3m. Maybe they can't boost gecko anymore.
I was used to FF (switched from Netscape to FF long time ago), but when I switched from PC to Mac, I tried safari. Now it's my favourite browser.
I think the best browser is the one you like… if it's not IE :lol:

New update for Kazehakase? Ooh. Also, I think I know what you mean about the browser you like. The reason I use FF the most is all because of Vimperator. That plugin makes the browser for me. That's why I'm looking forward to getting uzbl when I get Linux reinstalled on my PC.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
*snip*
New update for Kazehakase? Ooh. Also, I think I know what you mean about the browser you like. The reason I use FF the most is all because of Vimperator. That plugin makes the browser for me. That's why I'm looking forward to getting uzbl when I get Linux reinstalled on my PC.

-God Ginrai
Yeah, who needs toolbars, or menus, or the mouse for that matter. :D

Personally i like to use SRWare Iron, which is basically Google Chrome, but:
* no Usage Tracking (Client-ID, Timestamp, "Suggest", URL-Tracker all disabled)
* built-in AdBlock (not as good as the FF add-on one though)
* "uses the most up-to-date Version (532.0) of Webkit and V8 (1.2.14) which is significantly faster" in contrast to Chrome's version (copied from homepage, http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron_chrome_vs_iron.php )

It's pretty damn fast and neat, too :)

God Ginrai said:
I personally like most of the rendering engines, and don't see why people have to create arguments about them, whether it be about Gecko, WebKit, Presto, or KHTML.
...or Trident... ;)

Seriously, though, all popular non-Trident engines are standards-compliant enough to make web development easy: Just follow the standards. If it works on one browser it usually works on all of them. Except IE and other Trident frontends, of course. I doubt that Microsoft will realize the W3C's existence before IE 12.

To get back on topic: I'm as mad as hell about Trident. Does that count?

Well... I'm mad. Mad as hell and I'm British... so I'll er... I guess I'll just put the kettle on and have a nice cup of tea.
Everything will work out in the end. The moulds will get sorted, the cases made, the PCB populated, Craigik will correct the spelling of his name, Pandoras assembled, boxes shipped. I ask you what's two more months to wait. Oh! Kettle's just boiled...

zhasha said:
Hey now, show some respect! Firefox got all the vendors to get their butts in gear! :p

I don't think Firefox sucks. It has a lot of capabilities that slow it down. It's rather like linux. I wouldn't say linux sucked because [other streamlined OS] is faster. ;) It just might not suit your exact purpose or requirements.

P.S. Getting every browser on the same rendering engine is a very bad idea. Plus, why would you want Webkit when you could use Presto?

Back