I'm Gonna Buy This!

Quiest said:
I could imagine better things to waste my money on... like hookers, for example.

Don't know about hookers, but you get a lifetime warranty on this one ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know about hookers, but you get a lifetime warranty on this one ;)

Well, hookers can give you an itchly, leaky lifetime reminder of your experience. :)

You could buy a second hand cabinet with a game for less than that :S.

Orkie said:
You could buy a second hand cabinet with a game for less than that :S.
The best thing would be a self build mame cabinet, but it costs too much time and effort to make one. This is the first x-arcade stick that combines everything I want. I can connect it to my PC and play lots of games with the same feel as a cabinet.

It's not cheap, I know, but I think it's worth it.

The only thing I don't like is needing to install Windows again, because there is no Linux port of vpinmame and I really want to play it with the x-arcade tankstick. That's without a doubt the biggest price I need to pay.

Quiest said:
I could imagine better things to waste my money on... like hookers, for example.
I guess you have to get laid at some point in your life ;)

b._.o._.b said:
The best thing would be a self build mame cabinet, but it costs too much time and effort to make one. This is the first x-arcade stick that combines everything I want. I can connect it to my PC and play lots of games with the same feel as a cabinet.
I wouldn't even bother putting a PC in a cabinet myself. It's much more fun to have the real PCBs :).

I wouldn't mind getting one to use with the arcade style games on my other consoles as well as with a PC. If there's a better alternative to the X-Arcade that works across multiple platforms, I'd be interested.

b._.o._.b said:
Azure said:
I've heard the same as well (The X-Arcade is like the BOSE of the arcade stick world). I'd rather make my own stick or buy a Japanese stick with nice Sanwa or Seimitsu parts :)
Well you can buy the tankstick with Sanwa parts from here: http://www.gremlinsolutions.co.uk/products...detankstick.htm

Makes it even more expensive and exclusive :)

$300+ for a 2-player arcade stick is still expensive, especially considering that only the stick is Sanwa (the buttons are still cheap Happ).

I guess if you don't mind paying extra for the showy "name-brand," and prefer American Happ parts over Japanese Sanwa/Seimitsu parts, then it's not that bad of a buy.

Azure said:
$300+ for a 2-player arcade stick is still expensive, especially considering that only the stick is Sanwa (the buttons are still cheap Happ).

I guess if you don't mind paying extra for the showy "name-brand," and prefer American Happ parts over Japanese Sanwa/Seimitsu parts, then it's not that bad of a buy.
Don't get me wrong here, I know it's expensive and would love to pay less. Also the brandname doesn't mean anything to me. The only problem is I don't see any competition. Sanwa only delivers parts and no prefab solution.
I don't plan on building something myself so this is the only way to get the experience I want without the effort.

If you have a link to something like this from Sanwa/Seimitsu for less money, I'm sure people would be interested.

Back