Opinions on this laptop i'm gonna buy

Forgot about RAM, CPU speed, sound and visuals etc. the most important thing to think about is the keyboard; just look at all the keyboard threads we have on here for the Pyra and Pandora. ;) :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I may get a new (old) Thinkpad from when the keyboard were supposedly still good.  I don't think I have ever been very satisfied with the keyboards on laptops.  Some Thinkpad ones were interesting, but since I don't currently have any to compare I can't say if I think they are really better.  All of the other ones I have used have been merely sufficient (and I have used many).  I remember when some companies started switching over to chiclet boards and I thought it might be an improvement for some problems, such as stuff getting under keys.  It seemed they would be cleaner, but I never actually tried using one at the time.  I still don't have one on my laptop, however I usually connect a real keyboard if I am not lugging it around all over the place.

Yes, keyboards are important to some of us.  I would rather have a good keyboard than the best specs.  I use the keyboard more often than I make full use of the RAM and CPU.

Last edited by a moderator:
i just want to be able to play most games at decent framerates. do you think this will do?
It will certainly play most games at decent frame rates, but don't expect miracles or good performance with modern 3D games from a $300 laptop.

I'm also searching for an Laptop that fit my needs, nothing found yet.  Cheap non-glare is already rare, non-glare-rugged-convertible doesn't even exist outside of the expencive toughbook series. 

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.X6570.TRS0&_nkw=6570b&_sacat=0

These older style probooks are tanks.  Sold tons of them to clients, had very few problems.  If you are looking for something refurbished/used I would recommend a probook. 3rd gen integrated intel plays most games ok.  Some of these have dedicated firegl cards too.
"Probook", hm? Nice tip actualy, thx. ^^To fill the gap between my PC and my Pandora, a propper Laptop may be the best choice, didn't need to have the fastest gaming performance but should be light and quiet. And of course tough and non-glare. These probooks seems to have a fair price. Not convertible but that#s OK I guess.

You wanted game-performance on a budget. The laptop part doesn't make any sense to me.

Have a look at http://www.logicalincrements.comthere is much iron to be had for 300.

I just recently bought the machine im on now, 920 i7 12GB ram 6950 cayman islands GPU for the equivalent to 300, but that was all used.
Thats a nice overview, now I finaly know where all these AMD Gfx Cards stand compared to the NVidia cards. Never went into AMD cards actualy so no clue whats going on there.

You wanted game-performance on a budget. The laptop part doesn't make any sense to me.

Have a look at http://www.logicalincrements.comthere is much iron to be had for 300.

I just recently bought the machine im on now, 920 i7 12GB ram 6950 cayman islands GPU for the equivalent to 300, but that was all used.
Nice build.  my coworker and I came up with something similar in a speculative build.  Lots of power for cheap going the used route like that.

Back