Image Viewer For Tv-out

Lobo

Howdy folks. Well the title sums it all up basically: any chance of getting an image viewer which looks decent when using tv-out?

The default gp2x viewer is absolutely great...on the lcd, but in tv-out the same pictures look horrible. It seems to me that the lcd benefits from some kind of image smoothing or something, while the tv-out mode just looks blocky and bad.

Any takers?

The built in viewer is probably displaying images at 320x240, no matter what the actual resolution is (just like most other apps do). As tv resolution is 720x240 (ntsc) or 720x288 (pal) your images will look blocky, partly because you're displaying a low resolution on a large screen, and partly because your 320x240 image is being scaled to 720x240 or 720x288 without any kind of smoothing. The least any app should do is center the 320x240 image in a 360x240 (or 360x288) screen, then at least the scaling will be double and it should look a bit better.

I'm surprised no dev has ever done a little proggy for this before: surely other people have used the image viewer with TV-out and noticed it's failings?

If I had the time (which I don't) and the knowledge (which I don't have time to aquire ;) ) I'd have a go myself... oh well.

Back