Images Maybe?

Would you like to see images in posts regarding the release of a program?

• Yes

Votes: 30 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • I'm dumb :P (Where the hell did this come from?)

Votes: 14 28.0%

• Total voters

Kordman916

Still Fresh
In every other forum I've been to relating to any form of software design there have always been images so that the people following the post can see how far along you are in your development or how the project looks so that they can decide if it's right for them.

And don't get me wrong here I have noticed members here post screenshots of their software tons of times before but I've also noticed is that many members don't. :(

So all I ask is that (If possible) you post a screenshot of your project in your post so others may have a glimpse of what your software looks like.

I know this may seem weird coming from a newbie to the forums who hasn't contributed to the Pandora in any way

But I am studying how to port programs and cross-compile my own software from Windows XP to the Pandora. So it's not like I plan on just wasting people's time by making pointless threads.

So eventually when I learn how to compile for the Pandora then I'll be able to contribute to the already growing library of software that already been made avaliable for the Pandora.

Thanks in advance,
Kordman916

I've moved it to the general section. The news section is reserved for news, because it's also displayed on the front page :)

Kordman916 said:
I know this may seem weird coming from a newbie to the forums who hasn't contributed to the Pandora in any way
Calling people who develop software in their spare time for you dumb isn't weird, it's just plain rude.

Not all development can be shown by screenshots. If an application doesn't run because of several reasons and one of them gets fixed it, still doesn't run. Screenshots apply well to development of new features, not so well for porting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Taking a screenshot, upload it somewhere take times.
But sure I'm dumb because I value my time differently than you...

Kordman916 said:
But I am studying how to port programs and cross-compile my own software from Windows XP to the Pandora. So it's not like I plan on just wasting people's time by making pointless threads.

Thanks in advance,
Kordman916
Keep studying on that. Lol

Peace & Pandora,

Link

PS From the first dumbass in the US to have one.

sebt3 said:
Taking a screenshot, upload it somewhere take times.
But sure I'm dumb because I value my time differently than you...

To be fair, it takes about 5 minutes. :)

Kind of tedious though, unless you upload from your Pandora itself.

Kordman916 said:
And don't get me wrong here I have noticed members here post screenshots of their software tons of times before but I've also noticed is that many members don't. :( So all I ask is that (If possible) you post a screenshot of your project in your post so others may have a glimpse of what your software looks like.
Not all devs even have a pandora yet! So those devs obviously couldn't take screenshots themselves even if they wanted to, and others simply don't have the time or will to do so. However, since the pandora is a community driven project, many people have already posted screenshots and videos of most apps/emulators in action. A simple google search of the program name and i'm sure you can find out if the program is right for you.

Mofokubik said:
Kordman916 said:
And don't get me wrong here I have noticed members here post screenshots of their software tons of times before but I've also noticed is that many members don't. :( So all I ask is that (If possible) you post a screenshot of your project in your post so others may have a glimpse of what your software looks like.
Not all devs even have a pandora yet! So those devs obviously couldn't take screenshots themselves even if they wanted to, and others simply don't have the time or will to do so. However, since the pandora is a community driven project, many people have already posted screenshots and videos of most apps/emulators in action. A simple google search of the program name and i'm sure you can find out if the program is right for you.

Think about the inconvenience in terms of number of man hours wasted: one developer Googling or uploading an image = 5 minutes wasted. What about the people reading the thread? Maybe there are 100 or 1000 of them? You've just introduced a unit of time-waste into the universe of far greater magnitude. Look at the big picture!

SomeGuy99 said:
Look at the big picture!
Sure, I could save take these 5 minuts (more 10 if you ask me, but mehh) to upload screenies.
But I prefer just link to the official website where you can find original screenies (time consumed : 1mn).
If that's not enough, I'll be glad to see screenshots poping up in my threads.
There is many person around that want to help but cannot code, package or port.
Some of them update the wiki, others moderate the boards, others beta-test and provide useful bug report and others write very usefull guides.
Some of them provide screenshots / videos.
If some apps/game ported to pandora need more screenshots, I do expect these people to provide these shots.

I find my limited time ( yes I do have a real life beside pandora... like most of us) better used at :
- helping others to setup their SDK
- providing others packaged apps

The big picture is as follow : the pandora run around a community. Each member have the ability to help.
Am I allowed to chose what I do to help that community ?
Or should I stop working on a new port to please someone that found no better way than insulting the ones that are working hard to get stuff up and running for the pandora ?

How have we not all collectively stamped out this culture of complaining by now? :huh:

Forget eternal, the internet is becoming more like Infinite September.

</comicbookguy>

Definitely YES. Lack of images has annoyed me several times, some info about the game would be good too if it's a port, usually I haven't heard of the game and it's not always obvious from the name what it's about - but an image goes a long way in letting me know what kind of game it is. :)

Giskard1708 said:
How have we not all collectively stamped out this culture of complaining by now? :huh:

Forget eternal, the internet is becoming more like Infinite September.

</comicbookguy>

Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's Pandora customer's God-given right!

Alerino said:
there's room for screenshots in apps.open-pandora.org, but usually there's only one... :(
And not all releases are on that site.

Kordman916 said:
For the record I never said anyone was dumb I just asked if you were. :p
"Are you guys against images or just dumb?"
That implies that you think that people either are against images (banning them from their threads or something) OR are dumb.
It just seems that people are not against images, but have better uses for their free time than providing screenshots with every release thread,
so I'll let you figure out what this sounds like.

urjaman said:
"Are you guys against images or just dumb?"
That implies that you think that people either are against images OR are dumb.
so I'll let you figure out what this sounds like.
Confirmed: If you like images, you are dumb.

How about this: if the description intrigues you, google for images or just download the program to take a look. Or don't - no one cares.

A screenshot doesn't always tell the whole picture and can be very misleading - it's completely the author's choice whether to provide one, and not doing so should never be a cause for complaint.

I am most certainly dumb, but i do like screenies. The spirit of his post is right, but he blew the delivey is all :)

Jeffphone

Back