In2x

Ok, buggered up the download a little, but 0.3a is up http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,5,1607

adds DaveC's 2:1 mode with his graphic for the VPad.

I've also (hopefully) fixed overclocking and screenshot mode.

For the keypad press Start to show it, joystick to move and any face button to select. Pressing start again will cancel it.

This has no doubt added more bugs :)

Not sure what is wrong but I don't see any 2:1 mode just "normal" and "fit" like before. Also the keyboard is exactly the same as before. I looked in a folder and my keyboard graphic was there but with most of the color removed like from 128 colors to 16 (why?) but it never shows up in the emu.

The selecting is more fidgety as you press the stick and it overshoots the selection most of the time, maybe slow it down a bit.

It would be nice if the volume control worked too. Right now I can't change the volume.

Did I get the right file? is says 0.3a on the zip.

Thanks, Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Downloaded fine.

The menu now allows more than one screen full of Roms - great

The display to show a Rom is loaded, or whatever, still shows at the bottom of the screen, covering the instructions on the screen in the same place.

If you load a keyboard layout, sometimes the sound mutes.

The default.kbd is not the default when you start the emulator - be nice if it was please.

Very nice emulator - keep the updates coming please!

Speed is smooth - nice.

Looks like the intellivision res is a little higher than the one in the Wiki ;) I need to change the key graphic as it covers the image a few pixels.

Do you think it would be possible to change the volume in a newer version?

Also it would be nice if when you select a ROM it automatically resets and plays the ROM. having to go into the menu and select "reset" really doesn't give any advantage that I can think of, just an extra step.

Selecting a ROM after playing another crashes many times.

Comming along nicely though, Thanks.

Whoops. Uploaded the wrong one. I've re-uploaded it now. Urm, does anyone else have problems updating files on gp2x.de or am I just doing something wrong?

Well, after uploading, you SHOULD NOT review it yourself but wait until I do review it.
Won't work any other way at the moment (though some devs try to fix it currently).

Last edited:
You don't need to reset, you should just have to exit the menu? I think.

Still doing the crashing when you change roms? That little bugger is turning out to be hard to find.

I select the ROM then it just goes back to the menu screen. I select "reset" then it goes to the game. You are saying I could press "start" to run the ROM? I never though of that, will try later. It would be nice and intuitive though if when you select a ROM it just autostarts as soon as it is selected.

Any chance of making the volume control work? It would be nice to be able to change volume.

I will fix my kepad to fit tonight, you may need to change the select box. Can I add the colors back into the kepad graphics or will that give problems for the code?

Thanks, Dave

I downloaded the newest file today(just 3 minutes ago) and installed it. I have it in the \Emus\IN2X directory. I deleted the 3 delete.me files shown in the game subdirectories. I installed a few games in the \roms\IN2X directory. Then I ran the emulator. This is the same as the Stella setup and fishyNES setup.

It loaded for a second, showed me a black screen with a white outlined mouse pointer out in the upper left corner of the screen then dumped me back to the main GP2X menu. I uninstalled everything, re-downloaded the file and reinstalled. Same issue. I tried a few rom files in the roms directory under the emulator itself(just to test). No change. Did I miss something?

I forgot to add - I have a new MK2 GP2X with 2.0.0. 128MB SD card is still only 40% full so plenty of room.

I downloaded the newest file today(just 3 minutes ago) and installed it. I have it in the \Emus\IN2X directory. I deleted the 3 delete.me files shown in the game subdirectories. I installed a few games in the \roms\IN2X directory. Then I ran the emulator. This is the same as the Stella setup and fishyNES setup.

It loaded for a second, showed me a black screen with a white outlined mouse pointer out in the upper left corner of the screen then dumped me back to the main GP2X menu. I uninstalled everything, re-downloaded the file and reinstalled. Same issue. I tried a few rom files in the roms directory under the emulator itself(just to test). No change. Did I miss something?

I forgot to add - I have a new MK2 GP2X with 2.0.0. 128MB SD card is still only 40% full so plenty of room.

Do you have the 2 Intellivision system ROMs in the right place and the right name?

Do you have the 2 Intellivision system ROMs in the right place and the right name?

OK.. seems I can't find what I am looking for with a search on these boards. I checked a few places out on the net and no luck so, forgive my stupidity, but what 2 system files am I missing? The 3 text files included with the emu don't mention anything about that. :(

EDIT: OK I found a ton of info. Found the GROM and EXEC are still copyrighted material so this isn't going to work for me as I don't have the files. :huh: Ah well. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Dave. :)

EDIT: OK I found a ton of info. Found the GROM and EXEC are still copyrighted material so this isn't going to work for me as I don't have the files. :huh: Ah well. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Dave. :)

Well you can get those if you look in the right places. They aren't too hard to get.

bacteria: Okay, i'll work on those things for the next release. I'm thinking i'll just remove the game name, I don't think it's that important.

EvilDragon: Ok, next time i'll leave it after I update - it might stop me accidently deleting what i've just uploaded :D

DaveC: Drop me the image when your done and i'll accomodate it. You can try putting you colours back, but i'm using a fairly restricticted palette, so no guarantees.

Classic Gamer: Welcome to the fold :)

DaveC: Drop me the image when your done and i'll accomodate it. You can try putting you colours back, but i'm using a fairly restricticted palette, so no guarantees.

I have given you the 16 color image below updated to have enough room to clear the intv image.
This will work in the mean time.

Everyone can get the image from my post "
intellivision.png
" and replace the intellivision.png in the "graphics" directory on your SD card. This will fix the image that covers the game screen.

Nemesis/112 how many colors can I use max for my image? I will use what you can do. 128 colors will give me what I had before but can do less. Please let me know and I will work around it.

Thanks.

Keypad file updated.

This replaces the low color version. The selector box doesn't match up perfectly but this looks better than the old one.

Replace the "intellivision.png" file in the "graphics" dir with the one above.

I have given you the 16 color image below updated to have enough room to clear the intv image.
This will work in the mean time.

Everyone can get the image from my post "
intellivision.png
" and replace the intellivision.png in the "graphics" directory on your SD card. This will fix the image that covers the game screen.

Nemesis/112 how many colors can I use max for my image? I will use what you can do. 128 colors will give me what I had before but can do less. Please let me know and I will work around it.

Thanks.
Is it possible to have a different overlay for each game, and a different keyboard layout too; what i mean is, for example:

Save a keyboard layout as "Tron - deadly disks"
Save an overlay as "Tron - deadly disks"
Run the "Tron - deadly disks" ROM and it automatically uses the above two files (if they are missing, the emulator is to use the standard default settings. This would naturally have to be set up for each ROM used, which is not a problem. We could upload the overlays to this site and make them available for all, it just needs the emulator to be programmed to work with this idea...

This would be awesome!

Hopefully the next release should be out around wednesday, real life got in the way for a bit but I should be able to concentrate on it for some of today and tomorrow.

At the moment i'm trying to track down the last crash when you change roms and also work out why there seems to be a problem loading certain roms.

Just overlays and templates are a good idea, but what about entire skins? When the emulator is really at the highest compatibility, it might be an option the author/programmer could look into? Just a thought.
Wish I owned an Intellivision so I could download this. But I'd have to get rid of it after 24 hours anyway.

It was one of the few consoles I never owned.

For example, if you are loading the Lock and Chase rom and the file is LockChas.bin, then the emulator could look for templates with the filename LockChas in it. Like LockChas.ovl for the overlay, LockChas.key for different button styles in a PNG file or something, LockChas.mnu for a background picture for the menu or to display around the game screen if you're using a non-stretched screen. LockChas.ico or .icn could be an icon file when browsing for the rom in the directory, the rom you're looking for would have the special icon and then the filename. (Don't know if it's possible, I'm just spiffballing ideas again)
TronDisk.bin's skin wouldn't be confused with TronMaze.bin for example. An information file for each rom could be stored with the rest of the template/skin for Random Information, full file name, Important notes, special buttons to remember for the game and so forth.

Example:

TronDisc.txi (Text Info)
-----
Tron Deadly Discs - Disney 1982 (I think it was '82)

Control stick/Directional Pad = Movement
Button 1 = Fire Disc / Return Disc

NOTE: When two enemy gates have been "tagged" open by the player "Tron", it can be used as a portal from one side of the game arena to the other.
-----

I'm sure enough of us know enough about all of the roms or at least the most popular ones to create. Then the person who downloads them only has to make sure all the files to go with the romfile are named the same as the rom itself.

Er... once Nemesis is done with fine tuning everything, if he feels like it... *grins*

Sorry, went a little haywire on the creative thing.

Is it possible to have a different overlay for each game, and a different keyboard layout too; what i mean is, for example:

Save a keyboard layout as "Tron - deadly disks"
Save an overlay as "Tron - deadly disks"

Well you could have overlays, the emu would have to be coded to load different .png files that go with each ROM. You could have it like now only have multiple .pngs that would load depending on what ROM you load. The code would need to support it but I wouldn't think it too hard.

I think that is not the priority now. Things like a volume control, ROM compatibility, and crash bug fixes would probably be more important right now.

Back