Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

Mattoo

Still Fresh
I was really hoping I could get the talkie version going on the GP32. It works fine with SCUMM on PC and is only 70mb or so in size which easily fits on a 128 card.

I thought maybe it was something to do with too many sound channels but then Sam & Max seems to manage it fine.

Anyone had any success? Or ideas? The sound file is strangley called MONSTER.SO3, I tried renaming it to the more common MONSTER.SOU but no joy. If I remove the MONSTER file the game just runs with the music and sfx.

The reason for the renaming of monster.sou is that the person you downloaded it from has recoded his monster.sou to mp3, which you can do with a tool from the scummvm-tools package from scummvm.sf.net.
This also allows you to recode monster.sou to monster.sog, which is the ogg format.
Recoding monster.sou can drop talkie sizes to half the original size.
I suggested to the gp32 scummvm author if he would support this, since it would be ideal for the GP32s limited storage capabilities.
I also hope he might include support from playing games from a compressed file (.tar.bz2/zip/whatever)

Aaaaah, cheers. I thought it a bit wierd it was so small. Wow, that would be cool if the GPScumm guy could do that!

Thanks!

Back