Inspiration Thread: Best Emu Games For The Gp32

Ewww!
I just put Lufia 2 (SNES) on my SMC and it's like perfect with auto-frameskip on.
Full speed with sound!
It's like amazing too considering how nice the graphics are and stuff.

Check it out.

Zelda 3 (SNES) is pefect without sound.
But if your like me, I Really Need Sound.

Not sure exactly what the problems are with Creatures, Mayhem in Monsterland et al on Frodo but the Apex boys were really wringing out the C64's last ounces of performance back in those days so it is likely they puled off a few complex programming tricks which the emulator can't replicate properly. I expect getting them to work would require specific knowledge about how the games were put together to cater the emulator towards them. They don't work on Frodo for my Mac either so it isn't necessarily a GP32 specfic thing.

I have played Creatures 2 on the GP32 though, Frolik did an Action Replay dump and was kind enough to share his files with me so you launch one file to get it running, then you use the 2 disk images as usual to play on from there. As far as I'm aware this approach didn't work with Creatures or Mayhem, perhaps something in the scrolling platform engine of those games is the root of the problem...?

If you haven't played these games, I seriously recommend you hit eBay or similar sources to get hold of them as they are true classics! If you use a PC, perhaps something like VICE might run them...? Check out www.lemon64.com for more C64 knowledge and advice.

®

Back