Installation Cd

sotv

Still Fresh
how you doing people im verry new to this,

ive just brought a gp2x and it has arrived witout any instructions or installation hardware(cd i assume)
i just wondered if any one could tell me where i could get one from or if there is a way round this as i cnt install it to my computer,and as i want to download neogeo games i cant without installing the hardware on my computer

thanks for your help :(

also where can i get a mains adapter

cheers

You don't need any installation CD.
Download the NeoGeo emulator from the archive and read the readme to know where to put your ROMS. Drag n' Drop

sotv, there is no installation CD since you don't need any special driver for the Gp2x. Just plug in a USB port of your computer, select settings->usb->sd in your Gp2x and the computer will detect a new external storage device. Drag and drop emulators and games and enjoy.

Anyway, having a card reader is highly advisable. Not only you save batteries, you also prevent frequent data corruption while using the USB connection. Card readers are really cheap today (3-5 euros or dollars)

i know i must sound stupid but i went into settings and clicked on usb but it didnt do anything

can you let me know what im doing wrong cus its driving me mad

cheers

If the settings->usb->sd didn't work, maybe you have an "old" PC with a USB 1.0 port. My gp2x never worked on a USB 1.0. If your PC has several USB ports, try another port or consider buying an external card reader (very advisable and only a few bucks)

Or maybe your USB cable is broken. You'll be amazed how often these cables are broken.

Back