Installing drivers and authentication on Mac OSX?

Evil Monkey Milker

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hi,

I just got my GP32 today :D :D , and I'm trying to follow the instructions to authenticate my machine, but the authentication wizard and USB drivers that are up on the official site are for Windows machines only :( . So how do I get my GP32 authenticated using my iMac (running OSX 10.2.6) :unsure: ? Sorry if this is on the wrong board (I noticed a Mac support group below, but this is more of a help question, and that Mac board seems to be more about dev type stuff).

You can't, as far as I know (at least, I couldn't). You'll need to authenticate via a PC, after that though it's all dead easy if you have a USB card reader as you can just drag stuff onto the SMC via that.

I had this problem as i have a mac running osx 10.1.5
The easy way around this is to go to a friends house and borrow their pc for half an hour to register and format your card and then buy a card reader for about £15.00 and use that for reading and writing to.
One problem i found with using a reader when you delete the files using the reader is it sends them to an invisible trashes file on the SMC so you then have to use a program calleed COMI thats available in utilities and then delete the trashes file using your gp32.
If your handy with your mac and know how to use terminal programmes then in the mac and linux utilities on this site you can find maclink which is a terminal version of pclink developed by i think Mr Spiv excuses me if im wrong but i sent a couple of emails for help to him his address is in the readme file he was very helpful but i still couldnt figure it out but thats probably just me.

So hopefully that may help you a bit and if your like me you got your mac because it would be easier to use. (it generally is though)

Smegging figures as much... :angry: ...no provision for Macs, but I guess seeing as Windows rules Korea, and Gamepark is only a small company, I can see why :rolleyes: . I guess I'll have to borrow a PC from somewhere, or check out that Maclink thingy... I already have an SMC Reader handy. Thanks for the advice! :) m(._.)m

Back