USB Authentication Wizard

GPJosh

Addicted to Chrono Trigger
Website
Visit site
I just got my gp32 and when I try to use the authentication wizard it says it can't open the usb port. I downloaded the usb drivers and unzipped them but it didn't seem to help. What am I doing wrong?

You have to make your GP32 in PC-Link mode, and after launch the registration wizard :)

I am also having the same problem, unfortunately I have to do it at an internet cafe as I have a mac running OS 9 and there aren't any downloads for it so I have to use the XP computer at the internet cafe, I have downladed everything but I do not know how to install the drivers I have unzipped. Maybe you can tell me how? :huh:

Stoise posted on Aug 14 2003 said:
so I have to use the XP computer at the internet cafe, I have downladed everything but I do not know how to install the drivers I have unzipped. Maybe you can tell me how? :huh:
I just did this yesterday, so it's pretty fresh in my mind. :)

Basically, plug in the gamepark with the USB cable, turn it on, and switch it to link mode. (you may want to turn off your FLU if you have one, to save batteries) XP will detect a new USB device, and attempt to install drivers. When it asks you how to install, there should be an option that says something like "install from disk or specific location". Choose that, and point it at the place you unzipped the Gamepark USB drivers for Win2k/XP. It should load those drivers up.

Then, once the drivers are loaded, open the USB authentication wizard, and it should work fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back