Instant Pandora with a premium?

One thing I'm unsure of (maybe I missed it). Is demand for the $500 pandora anticipated to be high enough to warrant the extra laborers for any period of time? I guess what I'm getting at is if a glut of instant pandora orders come in, get fulfilled and then disappear so the extra workers are no longer being paid for and then the original pre-orders still have to sit in the queue while production falls back to normal.

I don't think I've ever seen such confusion in a thread before.

Although people keep pointing it out, and I'm sure some of the people posting on here might be trolls:

$500 Pandora consoles = you get your preorder sooner because we have the money to build Pandora consoles FASTER.

That's all there is to it, we have already started the process.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. Kill this thread so people can read the "Read this first" thread, because I believe people are reading the last few pages, posting, and I keep reading the same things 5 times a day! Do whatever you need to do to keep the project going. We've trusted you guys this long, and everything is going fine... I don't understand why the "Johnny come latelys" keep flaming!

Just answer one simple question then and I'll STFU and be happy:

Do you have enough parts (case, boards, etc.) to make all of the $500 orders and the rest of batch 1 now?

If not, how will the people at the end of batch 1 get their P's quicker?

[OK that's two. Sorry]

I don't think I've ever seen such confusion in a thread before.

Although people keep pointing it out, and I'm sure some of the people posting on here might be trolls:

$500 Pandora consoles = you get your preorder sooner because we have the money to build Pandora consoles FASTER.

That's all there is to it, we have already started the process.

I haven't seen any real trollish behavior here, although I might have missed something from this morning. What I have seen are pre-orders who are legitimately concerned about possible further delays.

My take: We have trusted OP so far, we will have to trust that this move makes the most sense for OP and that it will have the dual intended effect of (1) allowing for production to continue beyond Batch 2 and (2) getting us our Batch 1 orders fulfilled quicker. Best wishes Craig.

Now I just wish I could convince my wife to buy a Pandora for her, instead of waiting for the iPad2. Damned iPad won't fit in her purse, but she won't budge.

Do you have enough parts (case, boards, etc.) to make all of the $500 orders and the rest of batch 1 now?

[OK that's two. Sorry]

Batch2 parts were delivered in December.

We can pull from them, but we really just plan to bring forward the whole batch2 manufacture date. MichaelW is already moving on it.

The fact is money does talk in some situations and now we have built up slight relations with some companies suddenly things seem to be moving like we always wished they were - with this extra cash injection we can push forward even more - we MUST ride this wave while we have the chance or we're never going to climb up to the next level. I firmly believe we can push slightly more in to the mainstream every year if we keep the momentum going.

As a late first batch orderer I was a bit sceptic at first but I can really see what craig and OP is doing here. Two thumbs up!

We all want more pandoras out in the wild, and if OP can build more and still keep a high level of quality control, I'm all for it. A big hug to all $500 buyers!

ROFL!!!

You have 200 points, please pass go.

You are currently the leader of Open Pandora: the production simulation game.

I think I finally got it. The $500 premium buyers/upgrades fund more assemblers to make the queue go faster for everyone in front of them making it quicker for their Pandora to get built. But that doesn't make it come in 7-days if they are far back in the line. So basically you speed things up for everyone a lot and you get "special" Pandora when it comes. I wish there was a video just explaining this on the first post.

Edit: I guess if the parts are just waiting to be assembled for that premium buyer then that extra assembler could build it right away and then work on regular ones. I got to take a break from this, i'm wasting too much time reading all the posts.

I think I finally got it. The $500 premium buyers/upgrades fund more assemblers to make the queue go faster for everyone in front of them making it quicker for their Pandora to get built. But that doesn't make it make it come in 7-days if they are far back in the line. So basically you speed things up for everyone a lot and you get "special" Pandora when it comes. I wish there was a video just explaining this on the first post.

I am now thinking of doing a video. I have a really bad throat infection though which might lead to strange looks.

I think I finally got it. The $500 premium buyers/upgrades fund more assemblers to make the queue go faster for everyone in front of them making it quicker for their Pandora to get built. But that doesn't make it make it come in 7-days if they are far back in the line. So basically you speed things up for everyone a lot and you get "special" Pandora when it comes. I wish there was a video just explaining this on the first post.

I am now thinking of doing a video. I have a really bad throat infection though which might lead to strange looks.
Just wear a Richard Nixon mask! :p

Chris

Agreed. Kill this thread so people can read the "Read this first" thread, because I believe people are reading the last few pages, posting, and I keep reading the same things 5 times a day! Do whatever you need to do to keep the project going. We've trusted you guys this long, and everything is going fine... I don't understand why the "Johnny come latelys" keep flaming!

I don't know what to do, I guess people who don't read will still be people who don't read. :angry:

I don't think it will help, because like Anihil8ion2199 said, people just aren't looking for info even though it is being spoon fed to them.

PS I hate people that can't be bothered to read. :angry: This does not mean I hate people who haven't seen/found the info they needed to know.

[OK that's two. Sorry]

Batch2 parts were delivered in December.

We can pull from them, but we really just plan to bring forward the whole batch2 manufacture date. MichaelW is already moving on it.

The fact is money does talk in some situations and now we have built up slight relations with some companies suddenly things seem to be moving like we always wished they were - with this extra cash injection we can push forward even more - we MUST ride this wave while we have the chance or we're never going to climb up to the next level. I firmly believe we can push slightly more in to the mainstream every year if we keep the momentum going.

The Batch 2 parts do not include boards, correct? I believe most of us are worried about CC's manufacturing rates, based on what I've read (this entire thread).

If this was done by any other company all the pre-orderers would have gone "Yes Im in the pre-order line I have to pay less" here some reason about the decision is given en everybody goes "wait what? But I want my pandora!"

I wonder if circuit co delivered those 500 boards today.Just curious,it would be reassuring to

know.

Despite Pandora's past failings, the team are not stupid. I think they probably deserve a little more credit than they're being given from some. The "extra" Pandora orders may be capped at as little as 100 units. Furthermore, a few of the people who have taken up this offer are existing pre-order customers who are "upgrading" to skip the queue. They're speeding things up without requiring the production of an extra Pandora.

Finally... it's already done. Orders have been taken, the gears of industry are turning. If it results in sped-up production, hooray! If it doesn't... well, we're kind-of used to that by now, ha!

In the mean time, if you want to support the team, without donating, and also get a little something for yourself, buy an iControlPad! It'll be a great addition to your Pandora at the very least.

Back