Instruction Manuel

WolfSpider said:
What king of manuel do you think will come with the Pandora?
15hbhic.jpg

This one.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a computer, you turn it on and start messing with the GUI.

If anyone actually needs instructions to operate a PC, they probably can't order a Pandora anyway...

it won't be that complicated. works like your computer and stuff. i think ED mentioned that there will be some sort of online manual or it will be shipped with the pandora, i don't remember.

It might need a manuel for stuff like key functions and how to put files on it.

WolfSpider said:
It might need a manuel for stuff like key functions and how to put files on it.

Well, the keys are just like a PC keyboard, and you put files on it with an SD card.
It really shouldn't be that hard to figure out, a lot of devices use SD cards these days.

lulzfish said:
Well, the keys are just like a PC keyboard, and you put files on it with an SD card.
It really shouldn't be that hard to figure out, a lot of devices use SD cards these days.
And those devices still come with a manual of sorts.

WizardStan said:
lulzfish said:
And those devices still come with a manual of sorts.
but how often do you actually read them?

Gruso said:
ED said back in February that he wanted to do a manual. I offered (via Chip) to help do the English version, but I didn't get a reply.
I'm game to help you help them, if they want help. I'm no stranger to technical documents, needing to be understood by both the layman and technical type. Accurate and available for both. Just a thought.

Uhm... a manual is not a bad idea I think... printed or online... not only for basic things like transferring files from your desktop computer to the Pandora, but for other things as well, like how to take care of the unit (clean it), or how to take care of your batteries. Just yesterday WizardStan helped me to understand how to take care of the spare battery I'm getting (thanks man :lol: ).

Anyway, just a few pages about how to properly handle the unit, take care of it, basic operations and the layout... We all know some things, and we all ignore other things. For more in-depth information, online manuals would be great and certainly a must (like for installing another Linux distribution).

Oh, and thanks Gruso and BackAssward for wanting to help! Very appreciated.

LastPucho said:
Uhm... a manual is not a bad idea I think... printed or online... not only for basic things like transferring files from your desktop computer to the Pandora, but for other things as well, like how to take care of the unit (clean it), or how to take care of your batteries.

No to mention the de-facto warnings such as do not leave in direct sunlight, do not immerse in water, do not swallow, do not attempt to insert anally... all the usual warning manufacturers put in instruction manuals to prevent them having the sh*t sued out of them by some idiot.

Wasn't there word of some kind of printed quickstart guide? At least that's what I remember.
I'd love to help with any German/English translation stuff, too.

i would be very, very happy with a manual explaining the basic things about the pandora and linux. since i didnt really worked much with linux in the past.
I prefer a manual thats pointed to the pandora to see how it works then browsing the web searching for stuff.

Also, what will the number for tech support? Will the operators be multilingual or will they be unintelligible (India Call Center)?
:p LOL :p

I Suppose we'll have to stick with email or you could go up to your roof and try to signal Craig.

All I want is for the forum people to remember to be patient with us Linux Noobs. We will probably ask some really dumb questions at first but bear with us and in time, with guidance, you will turn some of us into Linux pro's who might convert all our computing equipment over to linux OS's. Also with some patience and a thread that teaches you something like Python by making small changes to an ever evolving simple program (to a point obviously then moving to another), my guess is by the end of the first year, we'll all be good and writing our own little software titles for Pandora. Fingers crossed.

Back