Instruction Manuel

WizardStan said:
Asmo said:
What about a kind of 'artificial' battery to allow power-through for AC-only usage?
Why not just leave the battery in? If you can't get a replacement, why throw away the old one?

I suppose because I don't know if/how dead LiPo batteries decay. I'd rather not find out the hard way ;)
I just like to have an alternative for peace of mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
-Tj- said:
Asmo said:
What about a kind of 'artificial' battery to allow power-through for AC-only usage?
I was wondering about this, too. Wouldn't it be possible to create and sell some kind of fake "battery" that would make Pandora think there was a battery there? If the battery can no longer be used or you don't want to use it for some reason (always plugged in, battery exploded, saving the charge for a trip, etc.), you could plug that into the battery bay.

Edit: Or, in the case that said device is much lighter than a battery, you could use that instead of leaving the battery in. Pandora's not a light device... it's heavier than PSP-1000, and that used to be uncomfortable during long sessions of gaming.

Of course, leaving the battery in is fine to me. Just thinking about the "what if" scenarios. I didn't know about the inability to use the battery before I ordered, so it seems kinda strange that you can't use it without. Never had a device that worked that way and had a removable battery.

XD, now that you mantion it, i throwed a used LiPo batt on one of my misc box, just to try it again 1 year later and got it back at 85% it was almost at 15% charge retain.

going back to the topic, is there any batt port datasheet? last time i checked, it had 3-4 pins., if it just requires power, maybe using a fake same Voltage cell should work, isnt it?

btw i would also hope that they keep a spare parts list in case of, to make it easy for everyone to get spares even much more after.

WizardStan said:
Asmo said:
Why not just leave the battery in? If you can't get a replacement, why throw away the old one?

My dog ate it?

WizardStan said:
Asmo said:
What if the battery starts leaking?

Sitwon said:
WizardStan said:
Asmo said:
Then it was a poorly designed (or perhaps just a flaw in production) to being with.

To which people will probably reply "But then how do I use my Pandora which I claim for a new battery on the warranty?" and the answer is "You'll use your spare that you bought with the device" :)

Sitwon said:
WizardStan said:
Asmo said:
What if it made a big bang like the dell batts but we know that the pandora will survive the Bang?

Back