Interface Isn't Working

DaveW

Still Fresh
Ok, so I was playing on PocketSNES last night, decided to turn it off, and put it on my desk. Woke up this morning, turned it on, and the interface had dissapeared. Earlier last night I updated from 2 to 2.1 and then tried the patch after that (2.11 or something). For some reason I couldn't get it to work so I had given up, but left the files on the card.

This morning after I realised that the interface wasn't working, I tried using the firmware update files. It updated fine, the start says firmware version 2.11 etc. - but no help. When I got to school I fumbled around 'imaginary' menu's and found that the console was still working, but the screen was blank - since I could play movies on it fine.

I found the unofficial fiemware 3 update, and heard someone mention that it updates the interface. "Great", I thought, update the firmeware, and low and behold it goes past booting to a blank screen again.

So people know, I was using a custom skin. Last night I also tried to install another one, this one, which didn't do much since I didn't understand the installation instructions. The thing is, last night after copying this skin, I'm sure I restarted the GP2X several times - at least ONCE to see if the skin worked. Very strange.

If anyone can help me, I'd much appreciate it.

Try downgrading to 2.0, then update to 3.0, I heard that would make it work.

Aha, that did it. Cheers. Although the interface doesn't look any different from 2 in 3...not sure if it's updated properly, but at least there IS an interface now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess there i something wrong, the main differences between 2.xx and version 3.0 of the firmware are that in 3.0:
1) You have 5 built in games.
2) New interface.
3) No "Utilities" section, instead all utilities are found in the games section.

Try this, hold start + select before you switch on the GP2X, this should complete the upgrade process.

Back