Internalization problems

shortmanikos

Still Fresh
Hello to everyone,

I have just received my pandora (I am writing this from it) and I am simply loving it. I am having some issues though with greek characters and help is needed...

1. I can see and write greek in all graphic applications (using keyboard layout us,gr) but not in the terminal... In the terminal questionmarks appear whenever I input a greek character or a greek character should be displayed. For example if I save a file named 'δοκιμή' in my home directory with mousepad, open the terminal and give 'ls' the file will show as ?????? . The same thing happens when I boot Debian from an SD card. (wanting to use mutt for email this is really killing me)

2. (this is a generic Qt bug) I cannot type accented characters in Qt applications (qorganizer, Arora etc). For example -έ- cannot be typed, though it will show if I paste it in the app.

3. My email alternative (claws-mail) also does not show greek characters correctly....

Any help - especially with the first issue - will be appreciated...

And now I must leave the forum.... start pcsX reArmed and enjoy a bit of Final Fantasy on my pandora.

Back