Intresting Nitbits...

Here i am again with this time full Access to the internal nand through Samba :)

Accessing the nand through samba is really easy, just download the modified samba deamon from the archive which ui9 made and then open up samba.conf (NOT WITH NOTEPAD but with a linux capable line endings editor like notepad++ or notepad2 or whatever).

add the following at the end :
Code:
[all]
path = /
guest ok = yes
writable = yes

save the conf file and replace the original one, start your wifi connection, then start the samba daemon / server.

now in windows type \\ipofthecaanoo\all (for example in my case \\192.168.1.3)
in linux type smb://ipoftecaanoo\all

there you go all files which are located on the nand io the complete filesystem of the linux system used.

What can you do now ????

knowledgeable Graphics people should look into /usr/gp2x all the images there can be changed and are just png images WHICH MEANS SKINS ! (i can make you a simple script that will backup the orignal files and replace them with the ones you supplied and another script to set the original images back).

You can seek out intresting nitbits yourselve :)

A WORD OF WARNING:
Before changing / editing or doing anything at all on the nand (so everything outside /mnt/sd) always make backups ! if you mess up a file your caanoo could not work anymore although a firmware (re)upgrade should do the trick ! but i'm not certain if you can force it

oh btw in case you don't know already about the flashplayer, look it up and download a homebrew wich contains pickblebrowser edit the profile file to let it use *.swf files and let it open up with the flashplayer, this way you got a nice selector for *.swf files from within the menu and you can experiment with the internal flashplayer. I'll ask pickle if i can use one of his versions to do this for you all and upload the files then ...

Edit:
i made it all of it , look here : http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/57000-hacked-up-internal-emflashplayergpu-for-use-with-picklelauncher/page__pid__921471__st__0&#entry921471

Last edited by a moderator:
Back