Release IOQuake 3

I would like a toggle crouch :) . And if you have too much time maybe an option in a config file for it.

I would like a toggle crouch :) . And if you have too much time maybe an option in a config file for it.
I prefer not to do an option in the config files. That's too many if for a simple key, and I have to create a new cvar... it's a pain, really. That why I asked on each q3a engine game I ported.

For RtCW & ET I put toogle crouch, because it make sense, as sneaking can be an important part of the game.

For JK2 & JA, I'm working on it, but "evading" make it a bit more difficult, so it's in closed beta for now (but it's looking good ;) )

For OA and IOQuake, I was wondering, because that type of gameplay involved is more fastpace than the other, if toggle crouch may not be an handicap than a plus feature...

Hmm, won't start here.

.out file complains of no such file or directory for "./runioquake3.sh"

I shall try uninstalling and reinstalling with pndmanager.

D.

Hmm, won't start here.

.out file complains of no such file or directory for "./runioquake3.sh"

I shall try uninstalling and reinstalling with pndmanager.

D.
Hum, "runioquake3.sh" is not in my PXML, I use "runscript.sh".

Maybe there is another IOQuake3 PND, I used "ioquake3" as appdata, so there maybe something confligting somewhere?

I had the previous (broken) ioquake3 installed, but removed the PND. I also removed the appdata. I'll investigate.

D.

Nope, the only PND installed is yours, and the only appdata is appdata/ioquake3/baseq3/pak0.pak

Still won't launch :(

D.

Nope, the only PND installed is yours, and the only appdata is appdata/ioquake3/baseq3/pak0.pak

D.
That's very strange. Maybe some leftover ".desktop" file inside /usr/share/applications that reference old PND instead of the new one?

That's very strange. Maybe some leftover ".desktop" file inside /usr/share/applications that reference old PND instead of the new one?
Yeah, that was it - I used "sudo rm /usr/share/applications/io*" and then popped the sdcard out and bac in to refresh the files. Works now :)

D.

Hmm you are right in quake3 you dont sit crouched behind a wall. I think in quake3 the toggle option is not important. But in JD2 it would help a lot :) .

Well, I looked a bit, and I think I can do a parameter in the cfg file. So if ok, I'll put that toogle crouch disabled by default.

For JK2, it's in closed beta (along with Joystick on Nub), so I'll publish once testing/debugging is over (it takes times, jk2 is rather more complicated that quake on movement, beeing both First person shooter and Third person shooter).

So, I have this for next release:

* fixed some bugs on the GLES context creation.

* added the ability to change nubs function (same method than with RtCW)

* added toggleCrouch, disabled by default, and activable by adding the following line to config file (appdata/ioquake3/home/.q3a/baseq3/q3config.cfg):

seta in_toggleCrouch "1"

Anything else before I publish (and I'll do a diff also to publish the code)?

Set sv_cheats to 1?  I only ask because if I modify the cfg file it gets over-written next time I run the program...

And I'm really getting slaughtered by the bots.

So, I have this for next release:

* fixed some bugs on the GLES context creation.

* added the ability to change nubs function (same method than with RtCW)

* added toggleCrouch, disabled by default, and activable by adding the following line to config file (appdata/ioquake3/home/.q3a/baseq3/q3config.cfg):

seta in_toggleCrouch "1"

Anything else before I publish (and I'll do a diff also to publish the code)?

Set sv_cheat, I think you may than be banned when playing online, or not abble to connect on some server. Dunno...

I'm not sure on the right solution.

Are you trying to add it to the normal config file (q3config.cfg)?

If I remember my quake 3 stuff you need to create a file called autoexec.cfg and put any user related variables in that file.

my guess it will have to be in the same directory as the q3config.cfg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys...I'll try the autoexec.cfg solution.

The info I found when googling the issue seemed contradictory and incomplete, wasn't able to get it working on IOQuake3 or Return to Castle Wolftenstein.  Amazing to be able to play these on the Pandora...

Are you trying to add it to the normal config file (q3config.cfg)?

If I remember my quake 3 stuff you need to create a file called autoexec.cfg and put any user related variables in that file.

my guess it will have to be in the same directory as the q3config.cfg

So, new build on the repo.

Build 02

-----------

• fixed some bugs on the GLES context creation.
  • added the ability to change nubs function (see files left_nub and right_nub in appdata/ioquake3/home)
  • added toggleCrouch, disabled by default, and activable by adding the following line to config file (appdata/ioquake3/home/.q3a/baseq3/q3config.cfg): seta in_toggleCrouch "1"

So about cheating, I did find a few things that can help.. So by default cheating is disabled with ioquake3 and can't be enabled unless you load the map in development mode.

for example:

\devmap q3dm1
once you do that you can set sv_cheats to 1

other issue is it doesn't start bots by default, but you can just add bots manually..

\addbot botname
or set the bot_minplayers to something like this.. it will add 3 bots to the game (it includes you in the number)

\bot_minplayers 4
So this may seem like a pain every time you want to play, but to make this easier you can make a config file (needs to be in this directory: /media/YOURSDCARD/pandora/appdata/ioquake3/home/.q3a/baseq3/ )..

for example I named it cheat.cfg, but it can be named what ever..

set name "Trashy|1Ghz"
seta sv_cheats 1
devmap q3dm1
bot_minplayers 4

and to run it, just launch quake 3 and type this in the console

exec cheat.cfg
I'm not sure if I can make a map rotation with devmap.. It's something I can play with, but you can load a new map via the console if needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back