Ips Support For Pocketsnes?

edcowden

Still Fresh
Just got the Wiz and have installed everything OK (so far)...

But I have an English translation of a Japanese-only game with an IPS file, and can't get the translation up and running. I'm assuming this is normal for PocketSNES, because there is absolutely no discussion of IPS files anywhere on the board. The game runs fine with the IPS translation fully active in Snes9x for the Mac.

Anyone have any ideas? Is IPS support something PocketSNES does, but I don't know how to enable it? Or is it something that's never been implemented, or?

Thanks for any help.

-K

I have gotten a translation to work before with an IPS patch on my wiz, so I'm assuming that version of the emulator has a compatibility issue with that specific ROM.

Akepp said:
I have gotten a translation to work before with an IPS patch on my wiz, so I'm assuming that version of the emulator has a compatibility issue with that specific ROM.

Just out of curiosity, do you recall with which emulator were you able to load an IPS patch?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was using the PocketSNES off the archive, I think its the newest version. However, since I made the post, I tried a couple of ROM hacks and none of them work. I guess PocketSNES doesn't have much IPS compatibility.

Back