Pandora IR port on Pandora?

Breyyne

Still Fresh
As i ask in the topic, is there an IR i/o port on the pandora? I am thinking about a program that use the pedometer that comes with the nintendo ds game "walking training". I was wondering if I will have to build a IR reciever for it first.

sorry about any errors, I am posting from an old kindle. =^.^=

There is no built on IR port, perhaps a USB transceiver could be used.

The DS had an IR port? I don't recall that feature..

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't have a built in IR port per se, but two of the pins on the EXT port can be configured as IR io. In theory you just get an IR LED, an IR detector, wire them to these pins accordingly, and just open the port for reading and writing. It's not a trivial task, but someone could probably figure it out in a weekend if they really wanted to.

There is no built on IR port, perhaps a USB transceiver could be used.

The DS had an IR port? I don't recall that feature..

The DS doesn't that I know of but several of the cartridges do. The "Walking Trainer" as well as Pokemon HG/SS have IR sensors hidden inside. The black plastic is actually clear to IR.

As for building one with the Ext port, I have done a couple basic kinds with ardiuono project builds. The coding would be the more difficult.

It would be interesting to include an IR transceiver in a P2, as it would be good for communicating with (semi) retro gadgets.

Probably one of the cheapest suggestions to implement too

Back