Ireland

WarmFluffyUK

The Big Wad Bolf.
Website
www.retrotech.one
Well in two days I get off this rock for the first time, I never been out of Wales and England before. I'm off to Northern Ireland!

Well as un-interesting as this may seem, I am taking my GP2X so me and my fella can play on the way. My big Q is: What two player turn based games should I include on my SD card? I presently have Chain Reaction for the Atari ST on my SD.

Any other ideas are welcome.

TTFN,
Clare.

I :wub: Ireland and am extremely jealous.

Dunno what you should include on your SD card though :p

Thanks for that honey.

the more I think about it, the more I should make my own ver of chain reaction, but in two days when Got to sort out clothes, have a facial, makeup an all (we're visiting my boyfriends family) it ain't gonna happen.

Worms. Either the original for the SNES or The GBA version of World Party. You might even try Worms 2/Armageddon for the PSX, seeing as it does have the ideal resolution for the 2x.

Fishbong said:
Worms. Either the original for the SNES or The GBA version of World Party. You might even try Worms 2/Armageddon for the PSX, seeing as it does have the ideal resolution for the 2x.
The original Worms is also on the MegaDrive, Which will probably perform the best on the GP2x, Plus it`s probably more nearer the the GP2x`s native resolution than the others.

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
You are probably back WarmFluffyUK so welcome back!

Next time try check out Southern Ireland if you can.

Dublin -- Temple Bar (tourist place, but great drinking pubs)

West - The Burren (unbelievable landscape, a few Gaeltach parts (only speak Gailge - Irish)

South - Ring of Kerry (rent a bike and cycle around here, brilliant), Foto Island (wildlife park, huge and varied)

I travel with my job (around Ireland) so if anyone is heading to any particular place and want tips just shout. I just mentioned some of the obvious parts above.

As for games, trailblazer on Amiga, great trying to beat your friends score, and quick too to pass around!

If your going for Worms it might as well be the Amiga version as this is the real original. Also sticking with Amiga Moonstones good but dont attack each other or it wont work.
Then theres things like monopoly and cluedo.

My advice though is tell your BF to get his own GP2X and enjoy loads of single player games :lol:

sataniC Virus said:
You are probably back WarmFluffyUK so welcome back!

Next time try check out Southern Ireland if you can.

Dublin -- Temple Bar (tourist place, but great drinking pubs)

West - The Burren (unbelievable landscape, a few Gaeltach parts (only speak Gailge - Irish)

South - Ring of Kerry (rent a bike and cycle around here, brilliant), Foto Island (wildlife park, huge and varied)

I travel with my job (around Ireland) so if anyone is heading to any particular place and want tips just shout. I just mentioned some of the obvious parts above.

As for games, trailblazer on Amiga, great trying to beat your friends score, and quick too to pass around!
Well we got back last night and thanks. After setting off from my boyfriend's sisters house near Enniskillen at 8:20am yesterday morning, we arrived home last night at 12:30. That was a looong trip home. Mind you, we upgraded to club class on the ferry and had lots of free wine and nibbles :).

So what did we end up playing on my GP2X?

1. Chain Reaction (ST Emulation), this was the only 2 player game.
2. Ruckman
3. Sleuth Slots
4. Payback
5. Vektar (Found a little bug on that too)
6. Chuckie Egg

Thanks for all the ideas though, guess I was rather boring in what I took with me as I kinda ran out of time with all the packing etc. It was lovely in Ireland, but it's nice to be home in good ole' West Wales again :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back