Flack's Arcade!!!

Flack

So, last week was my 30th birthday. I've been complaining for a long time about the large, unused shed which is in our backyard. While I've been complaining about it, my wife has secretly been turning it into an ARCADE!

Check out the pictures at the following link. Here are a few notes:

The slot machine (a birthday gift from my father) is still inside the house, but will be moving out to the arcade today.

I already had the two video games and the dart board, but they were in the garage, powered off and collecting dust.

The happy looking kid is my son, Mason (20 months old). It looks like he already has Shinobi down!

I'm going to be taking down the metal sign collection (a badge of my misspent youth) and painting video game characters (pac-man, q-bert, donkey kong, dirk the daring, etc) on the walls instead. I'll also be replacing the wall-painted jukebox with an mp3 one I have already started building.

http://68.12.156.214:69/arcade

Not only is that room the GAMEROOM of Your dreams, But I bet you must be a proud father knowing that your son seems to be following in your Gaming footsteps!!

Congrats on your cool new gameroom and fatherhood. The room looks great!

you should build a cheap pc in to an arcade cab and hook up the original joystick's to the pc..(i read a guide somewhere age's ago)..AND INSTALL MAME ON THE PC.
that would be cool...
maybee even get an old sit-in driving game cab for outrun and such!!!

Thanks everybody, I am certainly excited about it.

The shed *is* rather large. I'm not sure but I think it was around 14x40 ... I'll have to double check that.

I also have a 24" television that I'll be moving out there shortly. I'm keeping the PS2 in the house, but the PS1, Sega Genesis, N64, SNES, and other consoles can all move out there. The more the merrier!

Oh, and a MAME cabinet is already underway. I have a PC ready to take the plunge, and a dead Bloxeed cabinet that I'm going to sacrafice. Now I just need to stop gaming for a while and work on it!

BTW I have some pix of my kid crying when I pulled him away from that Shinobi cabinet ... ;)

Wow flack,

Great Arcade, lovely wife! I'll have to make do with a gamesroom that measures just 6x4 (meters). And just this weekend I found this nice arcade cabinet for just 450 euros. Going to need to do some moving around the room.

If you are going to build a MAME arcade cabinet I recommend you check out Ultimarc they have some really great tools to let you hook up your PC to an arcade cabinet very easily. I have been using their J-PAC for quite a while now and it works great.

btw. When can we attend the Grand Opening of the arcade room ;)

Wow... your wife would do that for you? :huh:
your a lucky man

Wow... your soon is becoming just like you, or at least going to become rather similar to you B)
your a lucky man

Wow... you get an arcade a couple feet from your house? :blink:
your a lucky man

ok but seriously, good luck with the shed's transformation into an arcade. :) And teach your son the ways of gaming. B)

Back