Iriver D50n

Heres the one thing thats really entered the realm of what the pandora is ABOUT because it has the exact same clamshell type thing (although... it didnt abandon the bulky chunky design, which we did long ago) just missing gaming controls
i love irivers stuff, but i this is probably underpowered judging by now mention of its tech specifics and being marketed as 'e-dictionary' and beign made by iriver... besides, cowon has been making better stuff recently anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
'PoisonedV' said:
i love irivers stuff, but i this is probably underpowered judging by now mention of its tech specifics and being marketed as 'e-dictionary' and beign made by iriver... besides, cowon has been making better stuff recently anyway.
The Japanese and Koreans use the term "E-Dictionary" as we would "Palmtop". They're not underpowered in the least and are usually built with the fastest mobile processors available. These devices started out as simple dictionaries, but feature creep and inter-corporational oneupsmanship have added full audio / video PMP capabilities, web browsing and email over wifi and/or cellular data, a full office suite, PDA software, DMB-TV and basic games to pretty much every device in the category.

This is not a new type of product. E-dictionaries have been slowly evolving since the early 90s. As I watched them get cooler and more feature-packed, I could never understand why none of these devices made it to the western world. Here's some other new E-dictionaries from the last year or so:

Atree UD10 - www.akihabaranews.com/en/news-13691-DMB-Dictionary+by+Atree.html
Atree UM10 - www.engadget.com/2007/08/14/atrees-um10-e-dictionary-with-trick-sliding-keyboard/
i-Station D3 - www.pmptoday.com/2009/01/26/i-station-d3-released/
Inkel MU-D - www.akihabaranews.com/en/news-15597-MU-D%3A++The+New+Multimedia+Dictionary+from+Inkel.html
iRiver D5 - www.akihabaranews.com/en/news-16173-iRiver+D5+Now+Available+in+Japan!!.html
iRiver D27 - www.funponsel.com/blog/gadgets-toys/iriver-d27-e-dictionary.html
iRiver D30 - www.engadget.com/2008/01/07/irivers-new-d30-e-dictionary-and-m20-gps-navigator/
Istation Udic - www.akihabaranews.com/en/news-15930-Udic%3A++The+New+E-dictionary+from+Istation.html
Nurian TX-3 - www.engadget.com/2009/02/17/hannuri-biz-offers-up-nurian-tx-3-pmp-e-dictionary-combo/
Nurian X40Kris - www.pmptoday.com/2009/03/12/nurian-x40kris-pocket-edictionary-is-thin/
Sharp Brain - www.akihabaranews.com/en/news-17735-New+eBook+Reader+and+Dlectronic+Dictionary+from+Sharp.html
Sharp PW-TC930 - www.engadget.com/2007/11/15/sharps-new-pw-tc930-e-dictionary-now-with-insect-noises/
Sharp RD-CM1 - www.akihabaranews.com/en/news-17388-Sharp+RD-CM1%2C+Another+All+In+One+Digital+Dictionary.html
Sharp RD-CX310 - www.engadget.com/2008/04/29/sharp-intros-rd-cx310-electronic-dictionary-pmp/
SII A10m - www.akihabaranews.com/en/news-17521-Ultra+Compact+and+Ultra+Limited+Pocket+Size+Electronic+Dictionary+From+SII.html
Udea Expert 300W - www.engadget.com/2008/08/26/udea-expert-300w-electronic-dictionary-boasts-fm-radio-and-mo/

And that's just what I found from about 2 min. of searching. Any one of these would have been a big deal here, but none of them ever made it out of Asia. I doubt the D50 has much of a shot either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keyboard on irivers-d50n seems much better that that rubber thing on pandore.

Back