Iriverter

kimini

Still Fresh
I've stumbled upon the iriverter, a one click solution for transcoding files for portable devices (well, iriver's), based around mencoder. And this got me thinking.

Why didn't we make something like this in the first place?

I doubt it would be terribly hard to program, now that somebody's already done most of the work, and would make the GP2X much more accessible to the less technically inclined - this was the main reason why several people I know didn't bother getting a GP2X (Well, that and the awful UI, poor battery life, and abysmal joystick.).

EDIT: Come to think of it, this topic would be more appropriate in Cool Ideas or Dev Talk. Sorry D:

Iriviter resizes the movies way below 320x240. I have a h320, and its resolution is much much less.

PSyMastR posted on Feb 7 2007 at 02:20 AM said:
Iriviter resizes the movies way below 320x240. I have a h320, and its resolution is much much less.

It uses profiles - it can resize to whatever resolution you want it to. The only problem is that, as far as I can see, it encodes to MP4 and there's no way of configuring that.

Last edited by a moderator:
what can this do that pocketdixvencoder can't do?

Just use the PDA profile and crop the movie to fit the screen.

EDIT: or maybe I should say, how is this any faster?

You can encode straight way with this encoder, but it also gives you more options that you can play with as you improve.

I really like pocketdivxenconder. It's simple to change your aspect ratio to whatever, choose different settings for different video types, etc.

k3nn posted on Feb 7 2007 at 06:24 AM said:
I really like pocketdivxenconder. It's simple to change your aspect ratio to whatever, choose different settings for different video types, etc.
I still can't figure out what is wrong with Auto-Gordian Knot AGK.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back