Is a fried board valid for replacement?

soulanger

Im around 1000th preorderer of the first batch. (and we all know how long before those units were sent) The first time I got my Pandora it lasted for only 2-3 weeks or so. That one was valid for RMA it got lots of problems. I received the replacement Pandora 11 months ago. 2 weeks later that one broke as well. Because I had some money problems for months now, 40usds is too big for me. These were my posts back then trying to fix my Pandora.

5 months ago I was able to talk with ED, about a possible battery problem that community thought. He told me he'll send a battery and recovery SD instead. 2 days ago I finally got the battery and the recovery SD a few days ago. Although part of me know it wont work. But I still hoped, even though the first day of trying to fix it didnt help using the kit. I attempted to make it work till now. I dont wanna give up, the Pandora was my favorite handheld. Definitely the homebrew/geek/hacker enthaustists' dream console. Any other console after DS and PSP never had such feel like this. Even Android and iOS devices never got the charms right.

This is why I felt very sad after hours of trying to fix it with the repair SD and battery ED sent me. The Pandora suddenly smelled very burnt. :( I'm pretty sure its fried now. Its truly heart breaking to me. But I'll use my motivation to earn the money to send my Pandora back. But please, I wanna know if my Pandora is valid for replacement I barely used for a month in total..

And if so would I receive a new 512mb Pandora unit? Cause it seems like the CC produced Pandora first batches I received seems very fragile. :( And the games im developing for the pandora has been in hiatus for years now.. :( I wanna announce them already.

The first boards from CC were pretty good - at least the working ones.

They had a lot non-working ones, but usually, the ones that worked didn't fail.

However, it sounds like you had a broken one from the very beginning, so yes, this is something I will replace.

I still got some 256MB PCBs here, which I usually use for repair replacements, but I'm sure we can find a deal to get you a good update possibility.

Wow so fast. :) Thanks ED, that stopped me from crying (haha geek tears). :) Uhmm, what do you mean by deal? I would like the 256mb ones but im starting to get paranoid. Despite me being still very optimistic about the Pandora my friends dont. I dont want to risk for another broken one. :( Thats why I thought maybe the new 512mb PCBs would be better. When I receive my next replacement Pandora, all I want is to go back to the community and earn money for a second Pandora unit to help support you guys. Anyway what address should i send it again if ever i earn the money to send it back ?

The return address would be:

OpenPandora GmbH

Schäffbräustr. 11

85049 Ingolstadt

Germany

The 256MB PCB replacement would be out of warranty. These PCBs have been tested, so they should work.

In case it breaks again, I'll give you a 512MB one replacement for free any pay for the shipping costs.

Be sure to include a note telling me what's wrong and where to send it back to.

Oh okay thank you. :) I dont see much difference for those units anyway. :) If these PCBs are tested I guess it would get it in an instant anyway, 512mb would make me wait more so gotta think positive. Haha :) I'll try to send it as fast as I can. 256mb PCBs works with Notaz's Gingerbread right? Just some 3D games wont work.

Yep, exactly. Some 3D Games have troubles with the old SGX revision, the newer ones will work fine.

Thanks for the news ED. :) That cheered me up greatly. :) Things are looking amazing. :) I might announce my long delayed Pandora projects to get some feedbacks before it comes. :)

Big thanks ED. :) That really made me happy.

Edit: Off-topic: Its been awhile since I browsed the forums. I guess P2 is a fact now. :) Thats awesome, back then it was just mere fanboy dreams. :D I guess thats more products to buy. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it alright if i could confirm my package went through? I'm a just little worried the tracking site it went already since September 10 and I never heard it since. ^^" I'm Alex Valdez from the Philippines.

Yeah, ED, it's nice to see you caring about your consumers like that. But "ye olde grove" somehow seems to be overlooked all the time. (Maybe the avatar.) This is so blatant I feel compelled to chime in (again). You really should put some effort into this guys' issue (first thing after you had a thorough sleep).

Hi ED, I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks now, so I won't be able to send you any new information.

But I think you have all the information you need to find my pandora again.

I would be perfectly happy to open my mailbox @home and find my not so shiny old black pandora with a new LCD-Cabel and a new D-Pad in it :)

Is it alright to ask how is it now? ^^" Has ye olde grove and mine already been sent? Sorry for the annoyance, we're just really enthaustic pandora fanboys who want to use our favorite device again. :)

@soulanger: yours is already repaired, don't know if it has been shipped already (as Askarus and my colleague worked on the repairs).

Not had time yet to check on ye old grooves Pandora :/

Planned for tomorrow though.

Back