Is anyone working on a nds emu

If anything, I'd just like to see a Pictochat emulator, so that I can be in on the fun with all my DS carrying friends...

Just fire up mtPaint and draw penises, it's the exact same thing.

Real mature Stan. Pictochat is about letting other people remotely draw penises on your screen.

Someone go port a whiteboard program or something.

well this must be a new low for a nds emulator on pandora thread, and if that isnt saying something

To be fair it isn't in the pandora section, in the other console off topic section. Where does it say on pandora?

someone should do the android port.... JUST SAYIN.....

would be easier to just rip out the dynarec from that and reimplement it, as it'll most likely have bits of it done with the native sdk (i.e. C/asm/etc)

but how do we emulate 2 screens on the pandora??? XD

The DS's screens are 256*192 each, so the Pandora can display them just fine, even in the expected vertical fashion.

What I'm most concerned about is optimizing it for OpenGL ES. Even on decent computers, DS emulation is a bit buggy and/or slow. It'll be a little while before it gets as good as GBA emulation has.

[but how do we emulate 2 screens on the pandora??? XD

The DS's screens are 256*192 each, so the Pandora can display them just fine, even in the expected vertical fashion.

What I'm most concerned about is optimizing it for OpenGL ES. Even on decent computers, DS emulation is a bit buggy and/or slow. It'll be a little while before it gets as good as GBA emulation has.

It's a inside joke /meme for DS emulation, people totally missing the point that the processor is the concern not the ability to display both screens.

I believe you've fallen into the sarchasm ;)

It's a inside joke /meme for DS emulation, people totally missing the point that the processor is the concern not the ability to display both screens.

So how slow do you think it'd be?

So how slow do you think it'd be?
depends on the game, demos (non-taxing game) may run at like 10-20 fps whereas other comercial games vary depending on how demanding graphics etc are will run between 1-5 fps or worse. Mariocart ds runs at like 1-2 fps in places on a 1ghz samsung galaxy s.

now optimizations can be and are being made by the developer to optimize for opengles and arm processors and stuff like that, (see my original link) but the main bottleneck is by far the hardware.

I've heard exophase and wizardstan go on and on about the specifics as to why and what is needed to see better performance but I'm not smart enough man to explain specifics. I do know that getting the fps up is an exponential task that gets harder and harder the higher you get. Add to that auto frame skip and stuff like that.

Back