Is Anyone Working On Getting Wiz Games To Function?

CapcomSuicide

Hi,

I recieved my White caanoo, but can't find much to play on it. Mame seems very choppy and if I overclock past 533mhz it black screens.

Even the Dingoo had more (if poor) emus available on launch...

If the device is similar to Wiz, will there be a "GÌNGE" type application available?

Is there any news on the CPU, will it overclock to good levels? Judging by MAME, we are going to need to run at higher than stock levels.

In terms of the hardware, it seems pretty well built to me. I like the white it doesn't show my fingerprints. The joystick is OK, far better than my Wiz, but worse than my Pandora Dpad, but certainly "Good enough" I feel.

I liked the speed of the booting, and also the sceen is better than my F200, and the size makes it better than the OLED of my wiz. It seems strange that they have covered several pixels with the bezel, but no big deal.

So.....

A nice device, but where's the software. :)

I guess the closeness to Wiz is the main reason I am optimistic for ports. Ginge blew me away, so that would be awesome too.

C_S

The devs are working on it, tinkering with the caanoo and coming to learn how it works.
They're not going to quickly throw it together the Mame port like GPH did for demonstration purposes, they're gonna work at it to make sure everything works properly, so you can actually overclock it as necessary.

I know how you feel, got my Caanoo yesterday and in the same boat. I'm sure the devs are working on stuff. Can't wait for PicoDrive and PrBoom.

Yeah, there is not much availabe yet. This is the first device i have had at launch. It doesn't bother me though, as it gives me more time to code :)

/Uni

I think we need to be a little patient, there are one or two little niggles at the moment but which will be addressed in a firmware update. Things will pick up pretty quickly after that and you may find yourself overwhelmed with software being ported and new stuff written.

Just for the record, the overclocking in MAME is broken because the clock setup changed between Wiz and Caanoo, and they didn't change the program.

Pickle said:
Im going to finish up quake 1 for a release this weekend.

You are our only hope. Long live to Pickle!
Is there any chance you will work on emulators?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tetsuro said:
Pickle said:
Im going to finish up quake 1 for a release this weekend.

You are our only hope. Long live to Pickle!
Is there any chance you will work on emulators?

well for sure i will port giana, sqrxz. I tried to run ioquake2, but Ive run into a firmware issue.
i may work on other things, depends what i feel like doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I will get my favourite "Meritous" running on the weekend. After that I will have look in some other sources in the filearchive.

If theres someone who wants to test, please contact me.

Back