Is It Only The First 1000 Shipping.what About The Other 3000

Wrath Of Khan

Soul soother...
If the wi-fi cant be fixed.Will o.p ship all 4000 or will the other 3000 have to wait until the wi-fi problem is
fixed.(I know if the problem is fixed before shipping,we will all get ours)Just curious.

wrath of khan said:
If the wi-fi cant be fixed.Will o.p ship all 4000 or will the other 3000 have to wait until the wi-fi problem is
fixed.(I know if the problem is fixed before shipping,we will all get ours)Just curious.
they will have a fix by then(thats what they hope, but i dont believe).
Else i guess they need to buy more wifi dongles, or get back to work at the boards, wich will take time - alot.

Last edited by a moderator:
borgqueenx said:
wrath of khan said:
Else i guess they need to buy more wifi dongles, or get back to work at the boards, wich will take time - alot.

Dont guess stuff. Let ED or CraigX answer this please. They are the only ones that know the answer to this question.

Mithrildor said:
borgqueenx said:
wrath of khan said:

Dont guess stuff. Let ED or CraigX answer this please. They are the only ones that know the answer to this question.

They Dont Even Know

Yeah.Because id take mine with a wi-fi stick now.It will still be a shit hot machine.Could be a long wait,for the rest of us.Hope not though.

craigix said:
Probably going to have to throw in something like this with the first ~1000:http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41HdtFh-oZL._SS500_.jpgBecause the driver for the internal chip is only working at ~30kbps. We don't mind people wanting to switch to the 3000 batch if they are not happy with that. We won't ship the 3000 until we have it working faster.
emcp said:
Mithrildor said:
borgqueenx said:
wrath of khan said:

They Dont Even Know

I'm beginning to suspect this too, craigix hasn't posted in 2 days and his last post said "We won't ship the 3000 until we have it working faster." This when production was supposed to be commencing tomorrow!

Frankly my confidence in this project is at an all time low. I so wanted it to be a success, but there comes a time when we (or at least I) have to face reality.

ceepeeuk said:
craigix said:
Probably going to have to throw in something like this with the first ~1000:http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41HdtFh-oZL._SS500_.jpgBecause the driver for the internal chip is only working at ~30kbps. We don't mind people wanting to switch to the 3000 batch if they are not happy with that. We won't ship the 3000 until we have it working faster.
emcp said:
Mithrildor said:
borgqueenx said:
wrath of khan said:

They Dont Even Know

I'm beginning to suspect this too, craigix hasn't posted in 2 days and his last post said "We won't ship the 3000 until we have it working faster." This when production was supposed to be commencing tomorrow!

Frankly my confidence in this project is at an all time low. I so wanted it to be a success, but there comes a time when we (or at least I) have to face reality.
Im not in the first thousand,but they will make an official announcement soon i hope.
Just eager to get my mitts on the pandora

I just want to know when they'll actually start putting the pandoras together? Where are the cases and where are the boards? Not more delays :(

We don't even know who's actually putting together the other 3000 or when/where/if it'll happen :(

To be honest I think Craig just wants to keep out of the cross hairs for a while because every time he says something people get pissed at him as opposed to ED who has a soothing effect on people. Plus he's probably busy putting the shop together to build Pandoras.

Anyway My understanding of the situation is that they're still discussing the situation. In the mean time The boards are being checked to see if there's a hardware problem that might be fixed before any of the boards that were being tested at the factory get shipped. If nothing is found they'll get those first thousand or so shipped to the UK to get slapped into the cases which were delayed anyway by the Chinese factory testing the new machine for better quality cases. Obviously the chinese factory is still in the midst of production of cases at this point, so worst case scenario is that they haven't shipped which again doesnt matter if the boards haven't shipped.

If one thing delays the other then it makes sense to take a little extra time to make the other better right? But of course once they determin if there's nothing they can do for the boards they'll ship them out the first 1000) and the chinese factory will have to start sending the cases. These will be the ones that get Wifi dongles and while the boards are being stuffed into cases the next bunch of boards will either have to have a hardware fix implemented or the software will be sorted, or they might still not have a fix and they'll probably just give everyone in the next 3000 the dongle too if it's affordable for them to do so until the wifi is finally sorted.

That's how I see it going and that doesn't bother me.

ceepeeuk said:

I suspect Craig and ED realise that they have to ship something soon because I'm fairly sure other people are beginning to feel this way too. It'd be a shame though.

If it's a board issue and they fix the boards rather than ship with broken wifi, I'll probably cancel.

EDIT: That is, if it's going to be a ridiculous..... Who am I kidding, I'm not cancelling un(til/less) it becomes vaporware, which it won't.

Alpha2 said:
To be honest I think Craig just wants to keep out of the cross hairs for a while because every time he says something people get pissed at him as opposed to ED who has a soothing effect on people.
Might have something to do with what they say. With ED's posts you get a pretty straight answer, which I find 'relaxing'. You usually know where you stand and what to expect. Craig's posts otoh leave way too much guessing which is frustrating if things get borked again.

there is a lot of money invested in this project, energy and attention from quite a few people, and we are all witnessing the bits finally coming together, so i say just imagine when there is actually 1,000 people checking out new pandora apps daily and what the software eco-system is going to be like once pandoras are all booting all over the place ..

kthxbai.

torpor said:
there is a lot of money invested in this project, energy and attention from quite a few people, and we are all witnessing the bits finally coming together, so i say just imagine when there is actually 1,000 people checking out new pandora apps daily and what the software eco-system is going to be like once pandoras are all booting all over the place ..

kthxbai.

MMM Positive energy... :D

Alpha2 said:
To be honest I think Craig just wants to keep out of the cross hairs for a while because every time he says something people get pissed at him as opposed to ED who has a soothing effect on people. Plus he's probably busy putting the shop together to build Pandoras.

I seriously doubt that, from my understanding construction is being done in his village hall, I don't know about up north, but our local village hall charges by the hour and I rented the local hall last summer for 12 hours and it cost me well over £400. You also have to book village halls in advance. I seriously doubt now whether anything is happening with regards to building final units, I think ED and a few others were due to fly over but IMO they need a hell of a lot of staff helping to make this commercially viable.

I reckon that Craig would be begging for help if this thing was imminent. I was rather positive until today now I think it is all a case of buying time and if it isn't then the team are going to have hell trying to build them, racing against the clock to get them out of the door and cope with overheads from hiring the hall.

JasonJ said:
Alpha2 said:

I seriously doubt that, from my understanding construction is being done in his village hall, I don't know about up north, but our local village hall charges by the hour and I rented the local hall last summer for 12 hours and it cost me well over £400. You also have to book village halls in advance. I seriously doubt now whether anything is happening with regards to building final units, I think ED and a few others were due to fly over but IMO they need a hell of a lot of staff helping to make this commercially viable.

I reckon that Craig would be begging for help if this thing was imminent. I was rather positive until today now I think it is all a case of buying time and if it isn't then the team are going to have hell trying to build them, racing against the clock to get them out of the door and cope with overheads from hiring the hall.
Craig owns the hall.

I agree with Alpha2. It's better for Craig to stay out of the firing line when things are tense, it never ends well for him.

If memory serves, it's actually the *old* village hall, and Craig owns it. :p (Sorry, don't have any quotes to hand right this minute. I'll try to find one.)

EDIT: RAMPANT NINJA RELATED CRIMES THESE DAYS.. GP32X IS NOT THE EXCEPTION...

But is he the master of his domain?

dg73tj.jpg
"I'm out."

Attachments

• dg73tj.jpg
    dg73tj.jpg
    978 bytes · Views: 86
Back