Is It Possible To Charge 2 Usb Devices On One Usb Port?

borgqueenx

Website
gdteam.net
I have received a Xpal 8000 mobile battery station yesterday. Containing 8000mah on 5volts.
I'm curious if i can put in a usb hub in this device, and on that way charge more then 2 devices at desame time?
Or would that bring damage to my units? And/or will the power be split? So both devices receive half the power if i would put them on only one usb slot?

borgqueenx said:
I have received a Xpal 8000 mobile battery station yesterday. Containing 8000mah on 5volts.
I'm curious if i can put in a usb hub in this device, and on that way charge more then 2 devices at desame time?
Or would that bring damage to my units? And/or will the power be split? So both devices receive half the power if i would put them on only one usb slot?
You should be able to use a USB hub, but you will still only get a total of 2000mAH charge out of it. All devices would share. (since most USB devices are made to charge at anything with a greater capacity then 500mAH that should be ok...)

Ask them?
B!

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope you aren't getting confused here, mA is current (charge rate) and mAh is capacity. USB normally maxes out at 500 mA, and his battery has a capacity of 8000mAh. I'm not sure if it can put out 1000 mA to charge two devices at the full 500 mA rate, but it probably isn't designed to, and unpowered hubs usually top out at 100 mA, right?

So: Maybe. Try it. The worst it could do is not charge your device. Probably.

lulzfish said:
I hope you aren't getting confused here, mA is current (charge rate) and mAh is capacity. USB normally maxes out at 500 mA, and his battery has a capacity of 8000mAh. I'm not sure if it can put out 1000 mA to charge two devices at the full 500 mA rate, but it probably isn't designed to, and unpowered hubs usually top out at 100 mA, right?

So: Maybe. Try it. The worst it could do is not charge your device. Probably.
Half the charge rate is acceptable. So not every usb hub has desame charge speed? Bzzzz that makes it hard to buy one on DX.

EDIT:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.7980

what about that? I only need to charge 2~3 devices at once tops.
Its small, and i think it charges correctly if i see the description. But if you know something smaller without a cable it would be even nicer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back