Is It Possible To Have Tv Out On By Default With Open2x?

retrodal

Still Fresh
Long time lurker, first time poster...

I recently blew the dust off my GP2X and installed Open2X DR7. I'd never used Open2X or GMenu2X before and I was bowled over by the fact that it fixes the rubbish scaling on the GP2X's TV out. This got me thinking, which is never a good idea :)

I do love a spot of emulation (especially MAME) and I thought I could make a little arcade cabinet powered by the GP2X. I have access to a small 10" CRT TV (which would be perfect) and a friend has a GP2X cradle to give me (once he finds it.) I'd much rather hack a USB gamepad around than try to solder wires off the GP2X will get messy and undoubtedly end in tears.

Therefore my question is this:

Is there any way I can get Open2X/GMenu2X (I find the line between them rather blurred) to fire up the TV out from startup (or when GMenu2X loads) without me having to select the TV out option every time I turn the GP2X on? I need this to happen as the GP2X will be buried inside the cabinet and I would have to open up the cab and manually start it every time I wanted to play on it.

I tried searching the forums but couldn't find an answer.

If anyone has the answer I would be extremely grateful. Thanks.

Happy to hear you enjoy Open2X DR7 :)

It's not possible but we'll will keep it in mind for the next release.

Senor Quack posted on May 20 2009 at 04:25 PM) Happy to hear you enjoy Open2X DR7 : said:
It's not possible but we'll will keep it in mind for the next release.
Thanks for the response. Either I will cut a little square out of the back of the cabinet so I can peer in at the GP2X's screen to fire up the TV Out or I can wait with baited breath for option to be included in the future! I'll probably do both to be sure :)

Keep up the good work, the Open2X/GMenu2X combination makes the GP2X so much nicer to use and ensures it won't be put at the back of the cupboard when my Wiz and Pandora arrive! WHEN they arrive of course... :) I can almost taste the Wiz and then be disappointed with the diagonal screen tearing issue :( Why is always three steps forward, two steps back with every new GPH product?

Last edited by a moderator:
Before I had Open2X installed, I had an autorun .gpe file that would start up USB/TV Out on boot. Can Open2X run a similar autorun .gpe file on loading maybe? That would be one quick workaround, if it is possible.

And definitely count me in for wanting that feature next time around!

(though such a feature would need a hard-button override in case the cradle bites the dust and you need to switch back to normal)

Back