Is It Real

marmaduke

is the xpg real or just a fake thing if its real when would it come out because i need one

Yeah of course they're fake, they only have videos of working models. Vimacs, make sure to check them out at GC.

It's real... real stupid! All delicious puns aside, the GP2X is the ideal alternative handheld, hands down. Don't count on the XGP family to have a solid scene like this one, and therefore a generous lifespan and large software library.

- Alex

PS: Who's doing the baiting now, JaqMs? ;P

Various prototypes exist but no final model, GP are trying to find funding to make at least 10k units before they can go ahead, this is why they are going to a lot of shows.

IMO it would be better for all of us for GP and GPH to put their past behind them and reform back into the old Gamepark so we get the best of both worlds in the future - Ie a kick ass follow up to the GP2X.

craigix posted on Aug 20 2006 at 04:48 PM said:
Various prototypes exist but no final model, GP are trying to find funding to make at least 10k units before they can go ahead, this is why they are going to a lot of shows.

IMO it would be better for all of us for GP and GPH to put their past behind them and reform back into the old Gamepark so we get the best of both worlds in the future - Ie a kick ass follow up to the GP2X.
10,000 units of which one? Or is it 10,000 between all three versions?

Last edited by a moderator:
I still say the XGP is just a lame PSP clone. I don't see the point of it at all.

real or not real, I'm not getting it. I was wondering about the all but one engineers from GP leaving to make GPH, and now I can see why... sort of.

Yeah think of it...a combination of GPH's involvement and listening with the community and GP's build quality and their ability to speak good English :p. That would make one awesome handheld/company.

Whichever they get an order for they will make.
I'm just curious, if the foundation for the handheld(s) becomes strong enough, would you or ED be remotely interested in becoming distributors for them? Like GP said, they want to focus on the foreign market rather than domestic. But I dunno, it would look kind of weird getting an "XGP" in "www.gp2x.co.uk" or etc.

craigix posted on Aug 20 2006 at 03:48 PM said:

To my understanding, they split due to differences re: Media playback vs. A purely gaming device, and Homebrew support vs. Commercial titles being the basis for the machines' software. It seems the XGP is going the exact direction of the GP2X, so I don't see what their differences ARE anymore. They'd certainly have more resources to play with together than apart- and could produce an overall superior product. (The GP2X/XGP are so similar anyway, it doesn't make sense for them to be separate product lines.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back