Is It Time Yet?

The only thing I would like to see is something done about the handling of volume in emulators (or any GP2X software I guess) to make up for the lack of a hardware sound control...

I'd like emulators to alter the sound by the same amount with the - and + buttons, ideally quite subtly so lots of choice is given to the user as to how loud they want it and so the effect of pressing the buttons is predictable.

I'd also like the GP2X to cache the volume level somehow so the next emulator you run remembers how you had it set (or even any program if this could be done system-wide) Obviously this would require a lot of cooperation from developers and I'm not sure about frequent NAND writes...

Anyway, just my thoughts, the "individuality" of emulators sometimes does get annoying but so long as controls are pointed out on screen it's not too bad and informal conventions are starting to appear anyway, it's only really the sound handling which affects the usability of the device for me...

®

It looks like Emulators stopping people from thinking about things properly. We should stop mixing them up with original software.
I think people are thinking in PC terms. To much 'read the text file' style thinking and not enough of anything else.

Back