GP2X Is It Too Late For A Game On Gp2X?

barzoule

Still Fresh
The GP2X production officially stopped a while ago already. The first batch of Pandoras is about to ship. I guess it's late if the GP2X life right now... But still, I've been developing some tech for a while now and would like to use it, at least once! So I restarted my old GP2X project (after about 2 or 3 years). It's a racing game, it's 3D, it should kick some butts. I've always found GP2X had too many ports and emus compared to its own games.

I thought I'd let you all know :)

Sounds very interesting! Always good to see that the GP2x is not dead at all...
Good luck!

Regards,
Stephan

I suggest you get someone to port it to Wiz for you as well if you're not personally interested.

I suggest you get someone to port it to Wiz for you as well if you're not personally interested.
I don't have a Wiz so I can't do it myself, but yeah it would be a good idea to ask people to do ports on Wiz and others :) I'm gonna start by finishing it tho ^^

Wellcome new releases...The GP2X F200/F100 is not dead... Maybe production is dead...but not our console.

I will do work on new ports (if i have time / Skills to do it ).

I can't wait to try you new game....thank's :)

I'm working on a little something for GP2X too (as well as Wiz and pc)

santamania.PNG

Still WIP. I hope to have it completed for Christmas, if not it'll be done for Xmas 2010! :p

I'm working on a little something for GP2X too (as well as Wiz and pc)

Great work !!
I also like the graphics :) ..............but hurry 25 is just around the corner :p .

I don't think it's too late for a new release! This racing game will be welcome! :) I am back also on Gp2X since few months... and did post about a game prototype here (http://fcycles.blogspot.com/).

I have complete some research test recently on various TV set. I hope to complete this research and clean up the code and everything by mid-january 2010.

There might be a quick release before that date! :rolleyes:

Otherwise, the xmas game look really nice!!!

I keep checking back every once in a while to see if any new gp2x games have come out. Nice to see some still being worked on. Wiz is nice but doesn't seems to do enough that the gp2x doesn't already do which makes it hard for me to get excited enough about it to buy it. However, despite relatively low power the gp2x is still a great system with tons of software made for it. I'll always be happy about new gp2x games being made and I'm sure there are plenty of others that would appreciate this.

@twojame you do anything with monaco gp2x since doing the 360 version?

+1, I still use my GP2X almost daily.

Dispite its quirks it's still a great device, I still cant believe that I can have all my fav' 8-16bit (even 32bit) retro platforms in one the machine. Then there's high quality homebrew on top of that!

I'm also working on a new GP2X game - hopefully it'll be a clone of / very similar to Osmos. At the moment I have the bare basics working, just trying to get the physics / gameplay right and then it'll be a matter of hunting down some free graphics (at the moment, I've pinched a few files from my copy of Osmos because it's only me testing the game right now).

ledow said:
I'm also working on a new GP2X game - hopefully it'll be a clone of / very similar to Osmos. At the moment I have the bare basics working, just trying to get the physics / gameplay right and then it'll be a matter of hunting down some free graphics (at the moment, I've pinched a few files from my copy of Osmos because it's only me testing the game right now).

That is my favorite type of game, so nice to hear this also!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back