Is It True?

K0K0NUT_h3lmut

The Soldier wearing a coconut...
Website
Visit site
Is it true that GP32Z has GP2Xs in stock? Are they the old GP2Xs, because on Gamepark Holdings page they said

"
Hello,

GPH inform you that we have no concrete plan about gp2x-F200.

The thing what GPH staff mentioned about gp2x-f200 is like we can say about Pentium6 waiting for it.

it is like though we have no plan about next model,we can talk about it putting certain name on it.

i understand why our foreign customers worry about so much,as there has been many delaying and it makes you guys wait too long.

In order to dispatch the complete device,we decided to fix some bugs on software. and it will take a few days more.

We are very sorry again for late shippment and we will do our best to
dispatch gp2x as soon as possible to foreign customers.

Best Regards,

Anna
"

So, should I have waited to order the second edition from lik-sang, play-asia, or gbax? :eek:

confused, tired, and happy,

-K0K0NUT

Wait... is F200 the official release, or a new handheld? if it's the official release, then by golly, it sounds like we'll have to wait a whole lot longer than "Q1 2006" to get it.

Well, then the modified versions they're talking about in the letter must be the second edition. In that case, i'm incredibly happy:), my order (if what they say is right) should be arriving soon, maybe within a week??? I thought I'd have to wait 'till March ;)

the f200 is not the second version i dont think, the new gp2xs are the ones with the new firmware, i think?

I thought that was concerning a rumor about a next generation handheld GPH is working on. From what I gathered when this news came out was that an announcement mentioned a gp2x-f200 but had no details and was quickly retracted. The announcement you quoted is saying that GPH is not designing another system. Around the time that came out there were a lot of posts saying thing like: "[crying]How could you announce a successor handheld when I have already preordered the f100, and it hasn't even been lauched yet[/crying]." I believe the "upgrades" for the official launch in Q1 2006 will just be slight modifications that will fix things like the shoddy soldering jobs some have complained about, stiff headphone jacks that might fall into the unit, possibly some fixes for some of the joystick problems, and the buggy firmware.

I know that the units for the Q1 2006 launch will not be the fabled gp2x-f200.

donny is spot on. The f-200 does not, and may never, exist. It was purely rampant speculation that got out of hand.

But really, how old is that, and are the 'fixed' units they're referring to the second edition? I'm actually getting excited because I just recently bought Quake and Wolfenstein? Should I be getting an email from Lik-Sang soon?

they FIXED software, that would mean you could download it so no need to wait, and as for f-200, call it the xbox720. No point in waiting for it.

reallynotnick posted on Dec 12 2005 at 07:24 PM said:
they FIXED software, that would mean you could download it so no need to wait, and as for f-200, call it the xbox720. No point in waiting for it.
That's what i thought, but i do wonder if gp32z.com actually did have them in stock like it said.

Last edited by a moderator:
And, are the FIXED ones they refer to the 'Official Release', or are they just the second batch out of the factory? Are these the ones that we were told will be out in January?

That post is so old it's even before they moved the offical release from November to January. The "fixing" they were talking about was some firmware bugs they were hoping to fix before they sent out the first preorder batch, NOTHING else. Just forget about that post. It's way old and there'll be no F-200 until 2007, if ever.

Edit: I better make this clear too: F-200 is NOT the offical GP2X release in January 2006. F-200 is/was an unfinished idea/concept of an upgraded GP2X that accidently leaked to the public. That's what the letter is about. They're explaining that they have no concrete plans about it. The offical release of the GP2X on the other hand is slated for January 2006 (or Q1 2006, depending on who you listen to).

Does noone understand that I'm not waiting for the f200 release? I'm waiting for the "official release" so lik-sang will send me one.

Mr. Anderson posted on Dec 12 2005 at 08:50 PM said:
first edition: bad firmware
second edition: fixed firmware

-conclusion: patch your first edition and you have a second edition but still the unique "first edition" stamp on it :)
...I...I like the way you think!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
gp32z told me thay had some in stock too. And that they would send it as soon as possible. (start of this month)

Now, I'm told a week ago that it wont be sent until December 21st or sometime near. So, I became very angry for a while, and then got over it.

Back