Is It Worth It?

Blue Protoman said:
Hm. How well do the all the computer emulators work? And is it possible for me to play Stunts (AKA 4D Sports Driving) on the Pandora at all, through DOSBox or UAE4ALL? Because that would just be spectacular.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4BsMIDnhmY Oh yeah!.. one of my favourites.

Edit.. My guess the Amiga version will work better, since it's most likely more optimised than DOSBOX.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blue Protoman said:
I am a happy man. What else should I know of the Pandora?

There may be a long wait getting one?

The case has known issues, but the manufacturers aren't going to fix them until they've shipped 10000 units. :ph34r:

If the OPT plan work as expected 3 months seems raisonable.
But OPTs plan never turn out so well due to volcano, chinese news years, economie collapse etc...

So I would say between 3 months and a year. IMHO

Javacat said:
The case has known issues, but the manufacturers aren't going to fix them until they've shipped 10000 units. :ph34r:
A good bit of those issues have been resolved in ver 2.0 of Batch 1 cases, they most certainly differ from the first 900 units and the cases are much better.

Regarding this topic: Totally worth it, just don't hold your breath waiting.

Peace & Pandora,

Link

I have a Wiz to keep me busy until I get one. And if I do get a Pandora, I'll sell my Wiz and get some of that money back. Of course, I won't sell it until I actually get my Pandora in the mail.

I mostly use mine for Genesis, c64 & Amiga, which work very well even at this stage. Nice screen, d-pad kicks ass. That's basically all I wanted it for, so I'm all set.

Web browsing is not good, in my experience...lots of crashes, slow rendering etc.

No sign of the TV out cable I ordered 2 years ago...there's a big backstory to that which I haven't bothered to follow.

So yeah, depends what you want it for. Gaming, yes...all the other selling features...YMMV.

I'm excited about them shipping the next couple thousand units, hopefully all the good devs haven't moved on to other mobile platforms by now.

I'm in it for gaming. Web browsing might come a tiny bit on the side, but it's far from my priority.

Back