Is OSX trough qemu possible?

Foxgod

I am asking this because OSX got an Iphone emulator on board, it comes with the IOS development kit i believe.

While i dont expect this to run great on the current pandora, i am rather curious what the possibilities are.

If sometimes in the future we can actually have OSX running wel on future version of the pandora, then we could launch an IOS emulator from it, and actually play IOS games on the pandora.

Thoughts?

I don't see that happening any time soon... have you tried booting windows through qemu in the pandora???

I don't see that happening any time soon... have you tried booting windows through qemu in the pandora???

Dont have a pandora yet :) , upgraded to a 1ghz unit while waiting.

I kind of started to think about the Pandora 2, and what it might be capable of, considering that the pandora 2 will arrive 3 x faster then i waited for the original pandora :D :D

goodness knows when P2 will come up but it will sure be up to par with future tech.

Last edited by a moderator:
goodness knows when P2 will come up but it will sure be up to par with future tech.

End of 2013, the OMAP 5 will be available starting Q32013, and the team is looking to create a premium device this time around.

Virtualizing OSX is forbidden by apple, so it's a good reason to do it.

Unfortunately, it's tricky under vmware, and i never heard that someone succeeded under qemu.

That said it will run so slow it will be unusable.

But would it be possible for me then to run the IOS games i own on my iphone on the pandora without too much effort?
You could have an adaptation layer like the android one from Notaz or the Pre layer for Maemo, but that would be a pain of a job.

But would it be possible for me then to run the IOS games i own on my iphone on the pandora without too much effort?
You could have an adaptation layer like the android one from Notaz or the Pre layer for Maemo, but that would be a pain of a job.

Sounds like it wont be worth it for now :p

I suppose renaming IPA to PND like Wizardstan suggested wont do it :p :p

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I know, VirtualBox supports OSX Snow Leapard Server edition, but it's a bit of a hog compared to other OS, remote desktop would be better for OSX.

This OSX iOS emulator is just for development purposes, it doesn't actually emulate the iPhone hardware and it can't be used to run iOS apps.

Performance of OSX in qemu on Pandora is of course going to be extremely poor.

This OSX iOS emulator is just for development purposes, it doesn't actually emulate the iPhone hardware and it can't be used to run iOS apps.

Performance of OSX in qemu on Pandora is of course going to be extremely poor.

Thats explains it then, even if we can get osx runnign well, its pretty useless, too bad.

Back