GP2X Is Python A Good Language To Learn For Gp2x Dev?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I was wanting to port Half-Life 2 or Quake 4 but I guess I cant in python. Oh well. I might make some 2D games though like you where saying (after I learn it lol).
WTF u are joking right? hl2 quake 4!!!!!!!! :blink: :blink: :blink:

Bourbon

No I was not joking... I was thinking about an Xbox 360 emu also. No I was joking but thanks for the input you guys... I think I am gunna learn python for other things still. But just for the gp2x what would be the best language to learn?

This entire thread is pointless given the original posters “ambitions”. I don’t even know where to start, “porting” Half-Life 2 and Quake 4 AND writing an Xbox 360 emu… Can we just lock this thread?

This entire thread is pointless given the original posters “ambitions”. I don’t even know where to start, “porting” Half-Life 2 and Quake 4 AND writing an Xbox 360 emu… Can we just lock this thread?

Read up -- it was a joke.

Python is a fine beginner's language, and more than adequate for the majority of 2D games (using the PyGame port that was kicking around here). Once you get your feet wet enough, you can easily move onto C/C++, but I honestly don't see much of a point to it unless your games are all performance-critical. Even then, you probably have inefficient coding style that you should be working on first.

Make life simple for yourself and start small and simple. There's no reason to leap into C++ too early; I only started with it after a couple years with BASIC and 6502 ASM.

Ok thanks everyone for the help I was planning on learning python for other reasons than the GP2X but I might learn C also at some point. Again Thanks for the help.

Back