Is The Emulation Scene Dying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's true, Rlyeh's GP32 emus are still among the best I've ever seen. He would make NES, GB and MSX perfect :)

GunPei2X posted on Feb 16 2007 at 07:13 AM said:
That's true, Rlyeh's GP32 emus are still among the best I've ever seen. He would make NES, GB and MSX perfect :)

Well, just last month in Rlyeh's online interview he reaffirmed his intention to port his emulators to the GP2X.
And was quoted as saying that :

"I believe 2007 will be the year of the GP2X".

[end quote]

I don't myself see any reason to believe that this will not be the case. ;)

We should remember that the GP2X is just over a year out of the gates; and I myself am amazed at what our clever coders have come up with so far! True some emulators could use a little polish here and there, but whining that the scene is dying just sounds like so much un-appreciation for all we have been given already.

just my 2 cents :D

Last edited by a moderator:
clean_sandwich posted on Feb 16 2007 at 07:37 AM said:
i just hope that the old system emu's arent forgotten. like nes, pcengine, and even gba.
Here, here! I'm really hoping that one of the two big PCEngine EMUs will be updated soon - either HU6280 needs the sound fixed or gp2xengine needs to address the frame-skip, disappearing sprite issue, and it would be nice if Air Zonk ended up playable at the end of the day as well... I'm willing to donate to support a great EMU, but I don't know where my money should go when neither EMU's been updated in a 'coon's age... :(

jimid2 posted on Feb 16 2007 at 05:05 PM said:
clean_sandwich posted on Feb 16 2007 at 07:37 AM said:
i just hope that the old system emu's arent forgotten. like nes, pcengine, and even gba.
Here, here! I'm really hoping that one of the two big PCEngine EMUs will be updated soon - either HU6280 needs the sound fixed or gp2xengine needs to address the frame-skip, disappearing sprite issue, and it would be nice if Air Zonk ended up playable at the end of the day as well... I'm willing to donate to support a great EMU, but I don't know where my money should go when neither EMU's been updated in a 'coon's age... :(

Yeah PC-Engine is a sad one. I really wish that had the interest of someone to make one good one and end it. There are 3 right now and each has their share of issues. 2 have sound problems and one is slow at reasonable clock speeds.

I think the perception by many is that (even Squidge said it) we have 3 PC-engine emus, why bother doing another?

My answer is basically because none of them run at full speed with full sound without overclocking to 280 MHz or more. Now many of us can't go past 240 MHz. Those that can will get lousy battery life.

I already donated for HU6280 as I thought that was going to be finished at the time. I would still be willing to donate again if one was finished. That would mean full speed, full and complete stereo sound, ninimum overclock (240 or less). Maybe a bounty could be put on PC Engine. I don't know how much of a motivator in reality that would be though. Real life still trumps all.

Man I would KILL for a near perfect working PC-Engine emulator with Super CD rom support. I thought that would happen before Sega CD emulation would. The one we have now that supports super cd rom is a tad slow and only accepts .WAV files as the audio tracks. I loved Vobbo's updates and wish he still had the time to work on it. It was turning out quite good...and fast.

You know, we (including GPH and craig) could pool together and hire a coder full time to work on things....

This is, of course, another plausible idea that will never happen. I'd just be happy with a decent video player.

kimini posted on Feb 17 2007 at 08:19 AM said:
You know, we (including GPH and craig) could pool together and hire a coder full time to work on things....

This is, of course, another plausible idea that will never happen. I'd just be happy with a decent video player.
keep dreaming :rolleyes:

well folks, if we keep talking aobut it and we all want the old system emu's resurrected and touched up.

they are good emulators but just need some TLC. i was thinking of emailing the authors of the emu;s but i wouldnt know where to start.

but making a list of the emulators that need work, thats not a bad idea. i think it would maybe get that ball rolling again.

who wants to start it? probably make a new topic.

i was thinking of emailing the authors of the emu;s

That smacks of harrasment; "Hi there. You don't know me, but your emu, while good, could use some work."

<_<

clean_sandwich posted on Feb 16 2007 at 05:45 PM said:
a little question is harassment?

bah, oh well. lets stay on topic

Your entire topic is harrasing. Learn to code, then YOU can improve these less-than-perfect FREE emulators.

... humanity's dying, that's for sure <_<

clean_sandwich posted on Feb 16 2007 at 05:55 PM said:
ugh, great.

a shit starter.

here we go an an avalanch of whining.

... really now? I think YOU're the one starting shit. Again, harrasing devs to improve their FREE work is rude, at the very least.

But feel free ... you can get their e-mail addresses usually within the readme of thier emu. :lol:

"Shit starter" :lol:

Alternatively, be happy with what you have got :) (which is an amazing amount already)

learn from yourself

attacking me here is harrassment. lol

but thats so sweet how you keep defending yourself. so come on, you wanna fight me here, go for it.

just shows how much control i have over ya. message me something else. call me a loser if you want.

you cant help but message me back can you?

that means i own you.

so come on, message me again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back