Is The Gp32 Still Being Made \ Supported?


teccuk

Still Fresh
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
3
I checked in FAQ section and General so i hope this is'nt a duplicate!

Okay, so i want one, i mean really want one. But i need to ask a fairly fundermental question before commiting, are they still being manufactured?

LikSang does'nt sell them (by the way the ad banner is'nt working) and usually if they don't sell somthing then it can't be bought (with the obviuos exception of ebay) even on ebay(uk) there are there are only 4 GP32s and the GamePark.com site acts as if they're going strong but not even they sell them.

I own a NeoGeo pocket color and wondserswan so i'm not too bothered about the end of manufacture eh? but the GP32 relies on you good people of its community and before i commit so much money I need to know if this community will grow or just gradually shrink over time.

Anyone got any news on the subject?
 

Goity

VIP Sleaze
Joined
Jun 22, 2004
Messages
5,598
Location
Isle of Ewe
Nope, They're being made as much as ever, but lik-sang aren't selling them at the moment because of the blu+ issue, which is mostly sorted now. Try GBAX or Playasia etc.
 

sensible GP32

Very Active Member
Joined
May 29, 2003
Messages
1,595
Age
37
Location
suburban once more
we have one of the strongest community's of any board, there will be always somone here :)

i thik lik-sang stopped selling the gp32 becuase of the BLU+ issues, but i think they are still in production.

edit: dammit goity :D
 

teccuk

Still Fresh
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
3
Goity posted on Feb 16 2005 at 01:19 PM said:
Nope, They're being made as much as ever, but lik-sang aren't selling them at the moment because of the blu+ issue, which is mostly sorted now. Try GBAX or Playasia etc.

Jeez, that was quick. okey dokey its lunch time so the credit card might get some use in the next hour....

what, so get a blu+ then? ... don't worry ill look around the site.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Goity

VIP Sleaze
Joined
Jun 22, 2004
Messages
5,598
Location
Isle of Ewe
It's the new model, which is of better build quality but some software has problems on it. Most of the major apps have been fixed, only opensnes (snes emu, but apparently snes9xgp works) and gpcinema 2 (video clip viewer, but gpcinema 1 works) and a few others don't but most stuff works.
 

Goity

VIP Sleaze
Joined
Jun 22, 2004
Messages
5,598
Location
Isle of Ewe
Drumaster posted on Feb 16 2005 at 02:49 PM said:
It's the new model, which is of better build quality
Where did you read that?! :rolleyes:
Craigix said so Apparently everything is built much better
 
Last edited by a moderator:

x68000

Mega GP Mania
Joined
Oct 27, 2003
Messages
1,658
Location
Co.Durham, UK
on the same subject - i have an old FLU model and am looking to upgrade. Am i going to benefit with going for the 166mhz version or will the 160mhz do the same job on most emulators?
 

x68000

Mega GP Mania
Joined
Oct 27, 2003
Messages
1,658
Location
Co.Durham, UK
Vimacs posted on Feb 16 2005 at 05:10 PM said:
at what speed do the flu run for you? is it enugh?

it runs pretty well, think its running around 150mhz but needs a slight boost to run doom at full speed

also, is the gp32+ thing still an issue?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

jmetal88

Erm.... Woohoo!
Joined
Mar 31, 2004
Messages
1,838
Age
32
Location
Pittsburg, KS
Website
mikesweb.exofire.net
If you're in the US, get it from www.gp32z.com. They stock them again now, and it's much cheaper than ordering internationaly (with the exception of when Lik-Sang still sold them).

EDIT: Oh, wait.... I see now that you are UK.... nevermind then.
 

Jarska333

What do you want?
Joined
Nov 10, 2004
Messages
3,606
Location
Sovjet Finland
Website
Visit site
Goity posted on Feb 16 2005 at 02:34 PM said:
It's the new model, which is of better build quality but some software has problems on it. Most of the major apps have been fixed, only opensnes (snes emu, but apparently snes9xgp works) and gpcinema 2 (video clip viewer, but gpcinema 1 works) and a few others don't but most stuff works.

OSNES9XGP 0.1 works on BLU, and I hear it's being worked on again.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

shinneri

Certified Guru
Joined
Sep 10, 2004
Messages
2,393
Age
33
Location
Middle of Nowhere, USA
Website
www.gpnewbie.com
Jarska333 posted on Feb 17 2005 at 01:22 AM said:
Goity posted on Feb 16 2005 at 02:34 PM said:
It's the new model, which is of better build quality but some software has problems on it. Most of the major apps have been fixed, only opensnes (snes emu, but apparently snes9xgp works) and gpcinema 2 (video clip viewer, but gpcinema 1 works) and a few others don't but most stuff works.

OSNES9XGP 0.1 works on BLU, and I hear it's being worked on again.
Indeed it is. YoyoFR is buying a BLU+, so it's a pretty good bet that there will be a compatible version sometime in the future.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

spaceboygp32x

Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2005
Messages
505
teccuk posted on Feb 28 2005 at 05:11 PM said:
Thanks everyone for the help.

I think ill have to go for it!

ooh console corner still have the non lit $150 thats £80 new!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

lubidog

Very Active Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2005
Messages
2,765
Age
35
shinneri posted on Feb 17 2005 at 05:42 AM said:
Jarska333 posted on Feb 17 2005 at 01:22 AM said:
Goity posted on Feb 16 2005 at 02:34 PM said:
It's the new model, which is of better build quality but some software has problems on it. Most of the major apps have been fixed, only opensnes (snes emu, but apparently snes9xgp works) and gpcinema 2 (video clip viewer, but gpcinema 1 works) and a few others don't but most stuff works.

OSNES9XGP 0.1 works on BLU, and I hear it's being worked on again.
Indeed it is. YoyoFR is buying a BLU+, so it's a pretty good bet that there will be a compatible version sometime in the future.


Oh Joy, i want those snes games....

But so much to do anyway, thanks to Reesy and Rhyl, or whatever he's called!! :D
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top