Pandora Is the Pandora capable of emulating a USB HID device? (Yes!)

I hope this goes somewhere, it would be a very useful addition to the Pandora.

Could this also work as a Bluetooth controller ?
A few months ago, I've  written a program, which allows me to use the Pandora as a Bluetooth-HID mouse/keyboard device. It was just a personal "proof-of-concept" and it works with my Linux/Windows-PC. If there's enough interest, I could extend that program and release it as an PND.

A few months ago, I've  written a program, which allows me to use the Pandora as a Bluetooth-HID mouse/keyboard device. It was just a personal "proof-of-concept" and it works with my Linux/Windows-PC. If there's enough interest, I could extend that program and release it as an PND.
I would like to see the source released as well, if you are willing. I haven't done anything with bluetooth before and would like to merge that in with my current project.

There is a LOT of interest for this kind of thing !! You will become an hero !! ;)

There is a LOT of interest for this kind of thing !! You will become an hero !! ;)
Well, then expect some news within the next few days :)

Well, good news everyone. I had a night off from work and I got the code rewrite working. My program now takes plugins. However, it can only load one at a time and currently only supports HID devices. I need to implement a few more devices to test with and clean the code up a bit more. The SEGA VIRTUA STICK High Grade, a PS3 controller, is the only one I have so far. After which, I will probably start contacting some of you for beta testing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, good news everyone. I had a night off from work and I got the code rewrite working. My program now takes plugins. However, it can only load one at a time and currently only supports HID devices. I need to implement a few more devices to test with and clean the code up a bit more. The SEGA VIRTUA STICK High Grade, a PS3 controller, is the only one I have so far. After which, I will probably start contacting some of you for beta testing.
Good news Indeed ! I would be happy to volunteer as a beta tester

PS3?

Didn't you want to make a Keyboard and mouse mode?

As I said some (lots of) months ago I'd like to test for you.

PS3?

Didn't you want to make a Keyboard and mouse mode?

As I said some (lots of) months ago I'd like to test for you.
Indeed, but the orignal code I made was to use it as a PS3 controller. I reimplemented my original code via the new plugin system I wrote. Keyboard and mouse is planned.

EDIT: I have a working keyboard plugin as well now. Just a little more polishing is needed.

EDIT 2: I am typing this on my computer, using my pandora as the keyboard. There are a few issues at the moment. For instance, my computer interprets shift+2 as @, which is normal, but not correct on the pandora. Although slightly troublesome, I believe the best fix would be a correct keyboard map on the system reading the keyboard.

Will it use the modmap?

As I changed the "Y" and "Z" button on my keyboard I'd like to be able to use my modified pndxmodmap.

BTW:

Will is also be able to be used as WiiU controller?

Wouldn't it be nice to visit Nintendo at Gamescom and play on their consoles with the Pandora ;) .

Will it use the modmap?

As I changed the "Y" and "Z" button on my keyboard I'd like to be able to use my modified pndxmodmap.

BTW:

Will is also be able to be used as WiiU controller?

Wouldn't it be nice to visit Nintendo at Gamescom and play on their consoles with the Pandora ;) .
I have it where each plugin is responsible for handling input. The keyboard plugin I wrote reads directly from /dev/input.

It should be possible, but I lack one to use in writing the plugin.

Sorry, can you give us a video showing/demonstrating your work?  Everyone is interested in this and a video to wet our appetite.  Please... :D

Sorry, can you give us a video showing/demonstrating your work?  Everyone is interested in this and a video to wet our appetite.  Please... :D
Well, the only thing I have that can record video is my phone. However, the quality on it is too bad. My monitor can barely be seen.

Well, the only thing I have that can record video is my phone. However, the quality on it is too bad. My monitor can barely be seen.
That's OK.  We don't mind.  :D
LOL, looking at the avatar I just know what video he can post :D

HERE  :D
   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KANI2dpXLw

Back