Is There A Mouse Cursor/pointer Like Thing On The Pandora?

CokeCanNinja

Still Fresh
Maybe controlled by the nubs? I like mouse cursor/pointer things. And I haven't seen any in the videos. Which upsets me.

There is a cursor, shown in this video, controlled by the touch screen. I'm sure you will be able to use the nubs to control it as well, though.

edit:broken link

Last edited by a moderator:
I am planning on using it with a small wireless mouse, anyone know if all the necessary drivers are in place?

yes there is, go through the search option there's been loads on it. You can control it with the nubs as well

DutchMojo said:
I am planning on using it with a small wireless mouse, anyone know if all the necessary drivers are in place?
Yeah, USB mice all use the Human Interface Device standard, so as long they use USB High-speed or go through a hub first (weird issue with Pandora's USB port), they will work fine with the OS, wired or wireless. Wireless might be a little easier on battery since they'll have their own batteries and will be designed to be more power-efficient.

You can toggle the nubs to act as mouse, though its not convenient in the UI to turn it on/off yet. Its pretty easy to add a menu item to toggle this mode, and it pops into my head on occasion :p Someone eill do it quick I'm sure.
jeff

skeezix said:
You can toggle the nubs to act as mouse, though its not convenient in the UI to turn it on/off yet. Its pretty easy to add a menu item to toggle this mode, and it pops into my head on occasion :p Someone eill do it quick I'm sure.
jeff

Yeah, if somebody tells me the userspace commands, I will ;)
I've been hacking up a bunch of nice helpful scripts for the UI lately ;)

Last edited:
Did the LCD Gamma Script yesterday (check out that video here) and will do the Nub Configuration script (mouse, joystick, scrollwheel) today.

EvilDragon said:
Did the LCD Gamma Script yesterday (check out that video here) and will do the Nub Configuration script (mouse, joystick, scrollwheel) today.
Somewhat Related Question : Are there unused game-buttons that could be bound to MOUSE4 and MOUSE5 while not gaming? MOUSE4 and MOUSE5 are super handy in Firefox.

Back