Is There Any Way To Save High Scores With Mame4all ?

cranker

Still Fresh
I can do this on my arcade cabinet , at least with games that were set up for this like robotron, stargate etc......does anyone know if this is possible ? To me that is the whole point for arcade style games.....

cranker said:
I can do this on my arcade cabinet , at least with games that were set up for this like robotron, stargate etc......does anyone know if this is possible ? To me that is the whole point for arcade style games.....
If you don't use cheats, the highscores are automatically saved when you press L+R+START to exit from a game and return to the frontend. The highscores are saved in the 'hi' directory. But highscores are not supported in all games. The definition of the drivers supporting them is available in the hiscore.dat file (take a look at it).

Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Franxis said:
cranker said:
If you don't use cheats, the highscores are automatically saved when you press L+R+START to exit from a game and return to the frontend. The highscores are saved in the 'hi' directory. But highscores are not supported in all games. The definition of the drivers supporting them is available in the hiscore.dat file (take a look at it).

Regards.

Sorry If I missed it in readme, but do I need to exit Mame4all to save scores/configs to SD card, or Mame perfoms manual syncing SD card?

quasist said:
Sorry If I missed it in readme, but do I need to exit Mame4all to save scores/configs to SD card, or Mame perfoms manual syncing SD card?
You have to exit game and return to the frontend to save the high scores.
The configurations are automatically saved.

Back