Is this a scam??

You won't be anything down if you purchased with PayPal; you are pretty much guaranteed to get your money back. Looks like the link was removed because eBay didn't trust it either... I had an issue like this with a tech item, you'll need to open a ticket with Support.

Hopefully you won't end up out of pocket.

[EDIT] Why £400 - what else was with the machine, that's a high price for a second hand Pandora.

I checked the listing using the item number (you might want to fix the link so others can check it out and give their thoughts). That seller only has feedback for one other item. It is possible that they are just slow, have things going on, or are still trying to get things sorted if they plan on being a high volume seller. If you feel like giving them more time, do so, but be sure to open a dispute before the time to do so is up so you can get your money back. Maybe send a message telling them you are going to file a dispute if they don't reply. Did you use a payment method that is preapproved (I think PayPal will hold the money for a little while before passing it on if you didn't validate your bank account, or something, however I may be wrong)?

@iprice the only current listing I saw for a Pandora was for $500, so that price may not be terrible. I don't know what the current exchange rate is. It had the wood box, an SD card, and a case, unless I am getting it mixed up with the other one.

Edit: use this link
http://www.ebay.com/itm/252328268857

Last edited:
Contact PayPal, notify them that the item has disappeared off eBay, they should follow it up pretty quickly

cheers for all the advice guys. I've already opened up a dispute and requested for a refund. They have given the seller up to the 10th April to respond and resolve the issue, otherwise they will step in after that date. So far he still hasn't responded.
The buy it now price was for £400 so I paid through paypal with my credit card. The seller showed 100 percent feedback and I thought it must be genuine.
I hate it when people just don't respond to you.

That 100% feedback is mostly based on their purchases. They DID have 100% feedback as a seller, too, but that was only 1 sale.

The item ended Saturday the 26th and the seller ships within 2 business days so that gives them up to Wednesday the 30th (Monday was a Bank Holiday)

They use a 48 Hour Courier Service (3-4 business days????) that would take it to Tuesday the 5th maximum.

So the item isn't late yet.

If you hover over the parcel icon in your purchased items on ebay what date does it say it shipped?

That is of course if they marked it shipped.

EDIT:

It also sold over the Easter Holidays (UK) and it is school holidays so they may have shipped it and be away on holiday.

I think requesting a refund this quick is a bit hasty. PayPal covers you for 60 days.

Last edited:
Back