Is This Illegal/pirated?

LHC, i think your onto a loser here, id quit whilst your not-so-far-behind. on a lighter note, i see your from scunthorpe. perhaps a fellow supporter of the iron?

I will never quit until the forces of evil are defeated.

PS. Yeah I am an Iron fan, I think we've already discussed this though :p Top of the League! B)

raven posted on Sep 23 2004 at 09:23 PM said:
LHC posted on Sep 23 2004 at 10:20 PM said:
raven posted on Sep 23 2004 at 09:18 PM said:
We spend billions keeping them poor so we can make more money, we might as well toss them a penny.
Who is 'we' and what are 'we' doing to keep them poor?
Oh yes, I forgot, you are not part of society, only when it benefits you :rolleyes:
What are you talking about, seriously?

Last edited by a moderator:
LHC posted on Sep 23 2004 at 10:26 PM said:
What are you talking about, seriously?
With 'we' I mean: richer western countries. As long as we make sure these countries stay in debt, and making plenty of money doing so, we might as well give them a handfull in return every now and then.

LHC posted on Sep 23 2004 at 09:20 PM said:
raven posted on Sep 23 2004 at 09:18 PM said:
We spend billions keeping them poor so we can make more money, we might as well toss them a penny.
Who is 'we' and what are 'we' doing to keep them poor?

do you know how money works, there is a limited amount of money in the world

all of the money in the world accounts for pieces of gold

you cannot just print more money when you need it (the germans tried it once, didnt work, a loaf of bread cost 1,000,000DM)

for every £1 you have, someone else doesnt have £1

i am starting to believe you are an uneducated child

and what about them sanctions eh? (politics are GENIUSES!)

mattmagoo posted on Sep 23 2004 at 09:40 PM said:
do you know how money works, there is a limited amount of money in the world

all of the money in the world accounts for pieces of gold

you cannot just print more money when you need it (the germans tried it once, didnt work, a loaf of bread cost 1,000,000DM)

for every £1 you have, someone else doesnt have £1

i am starting to believe you are an uneducated child

and what about them sanctions eh? (politics are GENIUSES!)
So me having money directly makes somebody else poor?

I still don't get why I am part of 'we' and why it I am part of that 'we' that is placing sanctions on the heads of these people.

loz_the_guru posted on Sep 23 2004 at 10:06 PM said:
people on this board dont have to help one another out. and that my friend is the aim of charity : to help those who have less. and i hate to tell you this, but there were starving africans BEFORE 9/11, and chairtys set up to help them before 9/11 to. all 9/11 did was bring them to the front of the media. also, giving to bands that need it but arent given coverage? NEED it? whats that all about? why do they NEED it. if they NEED money, go work at burger king. they choose there jobs, the africans didnt. basically, what im saying is this: from the posts you have made on this topic alone, i think your a cock.
Bands with talent deserve to make money, and shouldn't have to go to Burger King to make cash and perform for free instead because of the current music industry we have. That's my point. I'm sure most bands do work at other jobs if they can't get gigs.

You seem to attributing some of my comments to LHC. My comment on 9/11 was merely a comparison. After 9/11 people called you a 'terrorist' for attacking the government, among other things. Criticise the worthiness of charity and you get flamed, as we are seeing here. Same knee-jerk reaction. I never implied that there weren't charities before 9/11.

[generic but somewhat witty insult removed; looking back, you don't deserve it]

I think YOUR a cock

get over yourself rico

this holyier than thou crap is really pissing me off

you believe your comments to be damning and everyone seems to HAVE to conform

Funny that, when I was typing 'spelling errors' I thought I might piss a lot of people off, and my first thought was of you because your posts are often spelt incorrectly. If you took offence, too bad, fact is bad spelling makes you look stupid.

I don't believe my comments to be damning. People sometimes say that but generally I don't kid myself that the mod position gives me any power or authority.

I also don't give a shit if people don't conform to anything I say. Board rules are a different thing altogether. If I was a tight-ass Nazi mod I would have deleted this flamewar, but I let it run because debate is usually a good thing - but still I seem to have gotten a reputation in your eyes as someone who lives to enforce rules?

I think you need to take the post less personally; it wasn't aimed at you, it was a defence to woz's post which I believe to be aimed at me since he was addressing points that I made at some point.

Rico posted on Sep 23 2004 at 10:59 PM said:
I also don't give a shit if people don't confirm to anything I say. Board rules are a different thing altogether.
Conform Rico, conform. :p

sam fisher posted on Sep 23 2004 at 11:00 PM said:
Rico

Read the damn pm i just sent you.
Done.

finty101 posted on Sep 23 2004 at 11:01 PM said:
Rico posted on Sep 23 2004 at 10:59 PM said:
I also don't give a shit if people don't confirm to anything I say. Board rules are a different thing altogether.
Conform Rico, conform. :p
Now come on, I haven't ever seen a spelling correction post that doesn't itself contain an error ;) I actually fixed one more. My point was about people who do it all the time, but your point is also taken :)

I consider myself to be an atrocious speller, but it doesn't take much to read through a post, and since I'd expect a lot of people here can blind type I don't think there is much excuse for masses of spelling mistakes.

LHC posted on Sep 23 2004 at 10:48 PM said:
I still don't get why I am part of 'we' and why it I am part of that 'we' that is placing sanctions on the heads of these people.
Like I said: you are not part of society, right? If western society financially benefits from this situation that includes you. If we can import and export on our terms, keep countries in debt (collecting more interest and ensuring this balance will stay the same) you (maybe indirectly) are one of the people getting more.
Living in a democracy you are (partly) responsible for this. I am not saying you should personally feel very guilty about this but like I said: if we take billions, why not give them a handfull in return. If only to keep them quiet. History has shown us they get restless and dangerous if we don't.
You are a bit too focussed on what is being taken from you and not enough on what else is going on in the world, maybe you should visit more sites than just capmag.com ;)

Rico posted on Sep 23 2004 at 09:59 PM said:
Funny that, when I was typing 'spelling errors' I thought I might piss a lot of people off, and my first thought was of you because your posts are often spelt incorrectly. If you took offence, too bad, fact is bad spelling makes you look stupid.

I don't believe my comments to be damning. People sometimes say that but generally I don't kid myself that the mod position gives me any power or authority.

I also don't give a shit if people don't conform to anything I say. Board rules are a different thing altogether. If I was a tight-ass Nazi mod I would have deleted this flamewar, but I let it run because debate is usually a good thing - but still I seem to have gotten a reputation in your eyes as someone who lives to enforce rules?

I think you need to take the post less personally; it wasn't aimed at you, it was a defence to woz's post which I believe to be aimed at me since he was addressing points that I made at some point.

sorry if my dyslexia pisses you off, ill try and get it corrected next time i'm at the clinic

I see you are working hard to defeat the problems it causes :rolleyes:

Don't pull any fucking cards out on me. You didn't mention that you had dyslexia anywhere in your posts so I had no way of knowing. Sorry for attacking you, but I didn't know, and I'm not going to get on my knees and beg for forgiveness for making a reasonable assumption.

raven posted on Sep 23 2004 at 10:07 PM said:
Like I said: you are not part of society, right? If western society financially benefits from this situation that includes you. If we can import and export on our terms, keep countries in debt (collecting more interest and ensuring this balance will stay the same) you (maybe indirectly) are one of the people getting more.
Living in a democracy you are (partly) responsible for this. I am not saying you should personally feel very guilty about this but like I said: if we take billions, why not give them a handfull in return. If only to keep them quiet. History has shown us they get restless and dangerous if we don't.
You are a bit too focussed on what is being taken from you and not enough on what else is going on in the world, maybe you should visit more sites than just capmag.com ;)
I don't condone sanctions on these countries, although I'm not sure you can make the claim that we are benefiting greatly from their plight. I don't really believe in 'the economy' (that is to say, Company X making profits shouldn't effect person Y, unless they are in some way connected) however, and I don't support 'western society' gaining from this either. Indeed, this couldn't happen if the governments didn't control the economy.

I don't want to prevent people giving them 'a handful' of money, but I haven't deprived them of anything, so I don't feel guilty.

PS <3 CapMag <3

sorry, but i get the piss taken out of me A LOT for it, it's just annoying because everyone always labels me as a thick shit coz i cant spell or read properly (maybe i'm illeterate)

Back