Is this the LCD Cable failling ?

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Hi,

I have a problem with my LCD screen (again, but it's all new, so not related with previous one I guess)

Colors are not right.

At boot, there is green tint all over the screen :  P1020545.JPG

That green "mask" removed itself during boot sequence, by some strange line pattern: P1020546.JPG

Then, once gone, the colors are still not OK, like if some green is missing (I can see green is very wrong with some cmake compile. I just cannot read the green text in terminal). Here a picture of the problematics colors:P1020543.JPG.

The green mask only happens on power on. But the wrong colors are always here.

I try to open the Pandora(only the base, not the screen) to re-sit the LCD cable, but it wasn't loose, so it is still the same.

Any idea ? 

It's the cable.

Maybe it's not well-seated at the back. Or maybe it's already dead.

I am sure i fixed it well, but like with any mechanic part, there's always a delta :/.

Oh, dead LCD Cable  :wacko:  . That is what I was afraid of.

I think I will visit you, next year  ^_^  , if that's ok with you.

Bring coffee and cigarettes ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ I'll try to repair faster (and better).

Hopefully, i received a Japan cable.

If we can't even trust products from Japan, where is going the world ???
Maybe it is the same like it is with the empty burnable CDs/DVDs. If you buy from Verbatim today, you can get either ones from japan (working) or china (shit).

Even the production of japanese products seem to move to china...

Maybe they are the same cables as the troublesomes before. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
^I'll know more once I get the unit back.
Be very careful that they're put in properly.

Almost all of the failed cables I got back simply teared at the side - which happens when it's too tight in the lid and one of the edges tears.

I see that LCD cables are on pre-order at dragonbox, any idea when these will be in stock? Need to do a full refurb on my old black Pandora; new cable + case. It's a pretty sad sight every time I open my bottom drawer and see that little fella so close to being perfect!

I remember ED saying that LCD cables are usually available even if listed as preorder, but dont count on my word...

I'm currently reassembling an unit, and i understood what went wrong. I forgot the exact placement of the aluminium border of the LCD cable. Was a matter of two mm :/.

Oh  :(

I suppose I can't easily fix the cable myself. The pandora must be be completely oppen, including the Lid-LCD scary thing..

I'm currently reassembling an unit, and i understood what went wrong. I forgot the exact placement of the aluminium border of the LCD cable. Was a matter of two mm :/.
@ED

Is there any difference as to the placement of the newest black LCD cable compared to the silver? 

Oh  :(

I suppose I can't easily fix the cable myself. The pandora must be be completely oppen, including the Lid-LCD scary thing..
I'm afraid the cable is dead by now :/.

@ED

Is there any difference as to the placement of the newest black LCD cable compared to the silver? 
+1

So i was the right thing to do (according to the video):

cable

|  |

|  |

|  |____

\  \____lid hole

\  \

|  |

Back