Need an RMA?

NearTao

Website
www.neartao.com
YOUTUBE
UCD2urNmxTgZBdfCSWYyovCw
Opening and closing my pandora causes bad video behavior. I imagine I have a bad LCD cable. Essentially when I move the screen I see different color channels corrupt randomly around the screen. Occassionlly when my system is fully open it looks kind of pink. Recently I have been looking at color wheels, and even when the screen is white I get bandng colors on pretty much everything but green. In most 16 bit games this is less noticable as an effect. but you can see the problem clearly in PSX games.

I bought my Pandora from Craig's store. Any suggestions to contact him, or is this a relatively simple fix?

Having done it twice now, it's not hard, it's just... cumbersome and dangerous. Getting the LCD half out involves bending the plastic to pop the hinge pin out, and as I found the first time, the cable locks are almost as fragile as the cable itself.

I bought a handful from Craig's super-secret store (which I think isn't a secret anymore but I don't have a link on hand) to fix myself because it was cheaper to buy 8 and fail 7 times than it was to send it in, to say nothing of the waiting for replacement.

Having done it twice now, it's not hard, it's just... cumbersome and dangerous. Getting the LCD half out involves bending the plastic to pop the hinge pin out, and as I found the first time, the cable locks are almost as fragile as the cable itself.

I bought a handful from Craig's super-secret store (which I think isn't a secret anymore but I don't have a link on hand) to fix myself because it was cheaper to buy 8 and fail 7 times than it was to send it in, to say nothing of the waiting for replacement.

Has anyone seen or put together a how-to on this that I might have missed? I don't want to wait for a return or add to OPT's workload, but I want to make sure it is something that I am comfortable doing. All google/pandora board/gp32 board searches I have done have got me nowhere.

Thanks!

edit: spelling

Last edited by a moderator:
Back