Issues section post sorting

Neelix

Insecticidal Maniac
With the Ability to upvote and downvote "answers" in this section it can get hard to follow some conversations.  It is possible to sort the posts by date but that has to be done manually every time.  Would it be possible to make the system remember when we've pressed "Sort by Date" and make that default view until we choose to change it?

-Neelix

I've never agreed with upvoting or downvoting.

Since when are we only concerned with majority opinion?

I am not Ed, but I think this only applies to the problem/solution kind of subsection this is, in order to provide people with a probable solution faster - not necessary in my opinion, but as it seems to be only restricted to this subsection I would say "no biggy" (or something similar)

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair we're not really using this feature in the way it was meant to be used.  I wonder if the up/down voting can be disabled for "answers" here since it's not really relevant to what we're using this section for.

-Neelix

FaeMinx said:
I've never agreed with upvoting or downvoting.
Since when are we only concerned with majority opinion?
I am not Ed, but I think this only applies to the problem/solution kind of subsection this is, in order to provide people with a probable solution faster - not necessary in my opinion, but as it seems only restricted to this subsection I would say "no biggy" (or something similar)
As I'm using Tapatalk, I had no idea it was only limited to this section... In fact I'm oblivious to the effect of most of these issues coming up.

Like I often do, I'm just spouting an uninformed opinion.

Somebody, downvote me quick!

I most forcefully sympathize  with Neelix here: [COLOR= rgb(82, 82, 82)] Would it be possible to make the system remember when we've pressed "Sort by Date" and make that default view until we choose to change it?[/COLOR]

Sorting the Question-Areas by Up-/Downvoting is a good thing. It shows which answer to the question was most helpful.

We are just misusing the Question-Area here so I can mark things as fixed. It doesn't really need a fix, it works as it should and we will probably never use it somewhere else on these boards.

Back