Issues with Pandora Wifi (case closed)

Majin Wamu

Powered by Pixels
Hello everyone. I looked around the forums and it seems that I might be the only one with this issue:

I will start up my Pandora's (1ghz model) and it will connect just fine, but seconds after it will disconnect for no reason, and then reconnect. After the second time, it is solid and doesn't disconnect again until I turn off the WiFi. Does anyone know a solution to this so that it doesn't disconnect every time I connect to WiFi the first time.

It's not a big deal but it can get annoying. I have had this problem for quite some time now, so I was hopping it would stop with an OS update but it still has been going on. I tried changing setting around but nothing seems to improve the situation. On the bright side, the internet works fine. I mainly just turn on the WiFi just to update applications and check to see if there are any new OS upgrades.

If someone could help me out with this I would greatly appreciate it, as usual. :)

Thank you all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, I've had that occasionally (I used to get it all the time on an old PC running Debian too, but not so much on Pandora).  My Pandora would usually connect fine the first time but later spontaneously drop the connection and never be able to negotiate a WPA password from then on until I turned the wifi off and on again.

Nowadays I use a USB Wifi widget which maintains a much better connection, although its current drain does mean I only get a day's use out of even light network use.

For your problem, could you post the dmesg output after connecting?  That usually is fairly informative at what point it fails, at least.

For your problem, could you post the dmesg output after connecting? That usually is fairly informative at what point it fails, at least.
Thank you for the response. I am not quite sure what a dmesg output is. I looked it up and I guess it has something do with the amount of complete screens. Where can I find the dmesg output?

First, reproduce your error. Then open a terminal window and type "dmesg"

Usually you only need to post the last 10-20 lines

First, reproduce your error. Then open a terminal window and type "dmesg"

Usually you only need to post the last 10-20 lines
Hey thanks. Alright I will check it out and let you guys know. Let's try to solve this mystery. It seems that I may not be the only one with this problem after all.

Hey guys, after the new 1.62 system update came out, I did a reflash on my Pandora. I had to set back all my setting, but it wasn't too bad because I found some things I may have missed before and now I am even more pleased with the layout of my Pandora. Anyways, it seemed to fix my WiFi problem. It no longer flickers on and off. Thank you for those who gave your suggestions. If the problem starts to happen again, I will definitely go back to this topic and try out the different suggestions.

Back