Ist there any working 5ghz WLAN Dongle for Pandora?

ingoreis

Advanced Member
Staff member
Hi..i want a faster WLAN on my Pandora and i own 2 b/g/n Dongles but i want a faster Network Connection Wireless on my Pandora.

Ist there a 5ghz WLAN Single who will Work Out of the Box?

I want to have a 5GHZ Connection on her

When yes..which Chipsets do Work with 5GHZ in the Pandora?

I am able to Install a Firmware File to /lib/Firmware but Not realy able to compile Them..thats why i do ask for a 5GHZ Dongle who will work " Out of the Box"

Last edited:

levi

Still fresh, damnit!
Oh, you're using weird emoticons that I had to enable to show. Not sure I'll bother going forward, but at least I know it's now a thing.

I'm not sure 5GHz wifi has any value on the Pandora. Assuming any data needs to be written to disc at some point, that's likely to be the bottleneck I think. Wifi 4 (802.11n) should give you 72Mbps of bandwidth, which if we assume a utlilisation of 50%, that's still 4.5MBps, which is good going for any kind of flash storage, for any length of time.

elw3

ƐʍlƎ
But he said faster anyway.
Levi has a point, the pandora cant handle much faster, the usb port likely will be a bottleneck too.
If you want to try anyway i think there are none that work out of the box, the pandora OS is simply too outdated.
You have to either use a different OS that uses a never kernel, currently that would be the pyra OS which doesnt work very great on the pandora, or find a stick with open source drivers that you need to compile yourself.
You may just ask in a raspberry pi forum if they have something that works on a pi1 with an outdated OS, chances are it can be made running here too.

ingoreis

Advanced Member
Staff member
Thank you for the Answers.

Yes the Emoticons are weird..because i wrote that on my Phone with Tapatalk.

I do search a 5 GHZ Dongle and downloading a Firmware File is no Problem and copy it to /lib/firmware.

5GHZ do have here not that much interferrences and a more Stable and faster Connection for me.

An Idea from me was to look what for Firmware Files are installed on the Pandora and its only a Few Ones.
A Google Search of this Files showed me that only b/g/n Fimwares are installed.

I have 2 Mini N-Wlan USB Dongles here and one of them work but with a unstable Connection.

Thats because i ask for the "next Level" on the Pandora in Wlan Connection.
Maybe i will simply buy some more Wlan N Dongles...but an AC Dongle would be fine :)