It seems I thrashed my Pandora around a little bit too much in my bag

Failcake

Still Fresh
5aVBo.jpg

Look at the top part, the bezel above the screen. Now compare it to a photo of a normal Pandora, perhaps the one on openpandora.org's homepage. The case is slightly starting to seperate and the sides of the top are now at bent angles. It seems I should not have trusted the official carrying case to prevent this from happening while I carried my Pandora in my bag.

Anybody else had this issue? If so, any ideas on possible fixes? I tried simply pressing down on it, but it seems pretty stuck and I didn't want to crack the screen.

I suppose this can at least serve as a warning to be careful with your Pandoras. :D

I haven't had any problems like yours as of yet(been careful/cautious) but thanks

for the warning as I was thinking that the case was safe enough. Were there

a lot of heavy things/space in your bag?

~dramatic Waltz

I'll bet someone around here will be able to give you some tips on getting that back to normal.

I guess everything's working ok or you probably would have said something. So that's good!

Yeah, the Pandora still functions fine and everything, it's just a minorly annoying cosmetic issue. Hopefully someone around here knows how I can get it back to normal.

There isn't anything too heavy in my bag, just some textbooks, but it's not like I was throwing my backpack onto the ground or anything.

At the risk of breaking it further, that 'looks' like the top three tabs in the front lid piece have just popped out of their grooves and need to be clicked back down into place.

Of course, you are dealing with a sensitive area right above the touch screen glass. If you press the wrong way you could crack the glass and lose your touch screen accuracy at the top of the display.

The easiest thing you could try is to pull the lid ridge up further and lightly press those tabs back down into the grooves in the back piece. You are at your own risk and I'd attempt it like I was handling old dynamite sticks in the back of a Chevy half ton at highway speeds but that's all it appears to be from your picture. :)

^^just got a flashback from a MacGyver episode
laugh.gif

I'll bet that MWeston is right, I had the same problem with a remote when it fell on hard floor.

There were a few bulging on the side that looked pretty much like what you've got.

Yep, this just looks like it snapped out. Pushing it back in (it makes SNAP) should work.

Mine turned up like that along the right side of the screen. I just pushed it in and it snapped into place.

The same thing happened to mine. Just make sure when you do snap it back into place, you only put pressure on the very top portion of the tabs. Putting pressure in the center of the bezel puts you at risk of damaging the screen, but if you just focus on scraping the tabs against the top until they click, you should be fine.

Back